cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset 7970's IP address?

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

This morning, I tried to add 2 new 7970s. After I plugged them to the switch, both of them booted up and updated to the latest firmware. One 7970 register to the CM but the other stuck in "configuring IP" mode. Reset couldn't solve the issue.

I checked the device status, it shown as below:

SEP0017AE24C5F6 George-7926 ABC_DP MigratedCommonPro... Unknown 11.152.5.211

SEP0017AE24C4C2 Maggio-7510 ABC_DP MigratedCommonPro... 11.152.20.11 11.152.5.211

10.152.20.11 is CM and DHCP is enabled.

Looks like two IP phone had been assigned with the same IP address?...

Can anyone help me out...thanks

4 Replies 4

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

For desktop, I can type "renew" command to obtain a new IP address, how to do it for the IP phone?

Hi Jeff,

Try resetting your phone to the factory settings.

You can do this by unplugging the phone, and plug it back in, when you plug the phone back in hold down the # key until you see the line indicators flashing, once you see this press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,#.

You can also go into the settings on the phone and set the phone to a manual ip assignment, and then just set it back to DHCP and the phone will try to rediscover a dhcp ip address again.

HTH, Please rate below if so.

Regards,

Justin

rashedul45
Level 1
Level 1

Router# clear ip dhcp binding 11.152.5.211

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jeff,

have you verified if both switch ports have the same configuration, the same voice vlan ?

What DHCP server are you using ?

You can try to access it and verify to what MAC address is associated the IP address.

Another issue to verify is if the scope has free ip addresses to give to the second new phone.

A saturated DHCP scope cannot provide additional IP addresses

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: