cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route traffic from PSTN to international destinations over VoIP

jaiabraham
Level 1
Level 1

I nderstand that I can configure a trunk to a VoIP carrier and route international destinations through that trunk in Cisco Call Manager. But can you tell me the requirements if I want my sales staff who are outside the office to use office VoIP for making international calls from their mobile? I want them to call a PSTN number and the device connected to this telephone line gives another dialtone so that he can enter his international phone number the call manager routes this call though the VoIP trunk. Is this possible in CIsco Call Manager?, what additional device is required?

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can do that. However, is more practical that you use a router and not Callmanager do do this. This router if configured with H323 can be used by the callmanager too.

The reason is that:

1st: most ITSP are using SIP, but callmanager doesn't supports SIP trunk unless is a very recent version.

2nd, since giving just dialtone is not secure, with the router you can use TCL IVR (that is embedded) to authenticate the call in some way. Often, just the calling number is enough.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!