cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Save BAT Excel file??

jzangmeister
Level 1
Level 1

How do I save a BAT file after creating the file format and be able to open that saved BAT file and have it be able to create the csv file?  Each time I try to save a BAT file the buttons for creating the file format disappear and I always have to start over with the original BAT file downloaded from CUCM and create the file format over again.  It's a real time eater to repeat the process of building the file format over and over...

CUCM 8.6.2

Excel 2010

5 Replies 5

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

If i recall correctly, save it as a macro enabled excel template.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The BAT file says to save it in a macro enabled excel template, but it doesn't work.  When I try to open a file saved in that format, the buttons for creating the file format, exporting to CSV format, and other inputs disappear.

Hi

You need to do a 'Save As..' and save it as an Excel 2003 document. The macro security etc seems to have changed a lot in newer Excel versions and breaks as you save it into a new format.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I found the solution.  In Excel 2010, none of the "save as" a different Excel version solutions worked.  However, if you go to file -> info, there is a "convert button" that will change the document to compatibility mode.  When you click the "convert button" it will automatically save the file as a macro enabled workbook but in compatibility mode.  Just saving the file type as a macro enabled workbook doesn't work, but changing the document to compatibility mode then saving as a macro enabled workbook does work!  Hopefully, this helps anyone else who has been running into this issue as well.

Upon further testing it doesn't work.  I've come to realize that this tool does not work if you try to save the BAT template after you have created the file format...