Views
Helpful
Replies

how to set Pre-announcement instead of ringback tone

yaser weis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how can i set specific announcement play instead of ring back tone in CUCM phones

Thanks in advance 

22 Replies 22

Hi.

Are you running CUCM or CUCME? and which version?

Are you asking for incoming PSTN calls or even internal calls?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks a lot for reply

CUCM 7.0 , for any incoming SIP Trunk Calls 

Regards,

Hi.

Unfortunately with only CUCM you cannot do that.

You need at least Unity Connection or a Voice Gateway / Cube 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Okay i do have unity connection how can i do it

Thanks,

Hello Yaser,

There are many way to do this, and I always do this way:

1- First you need to forward the call to your CUC, you may use a translation rule at the VGW for this, or even a Translation Pattern at the CUCM.

2- make it forward to CTI route point, and by turn check box "voice mail" for the DN of this CTI route point.

3- create a Voice Mail for this CTI route Point, and from the CUC go to this user and change it's greeting >> Standard >> from "System" to " Personal" a player should appear at the end of the page, click on the left upper cornner and upload your wav file you want to play, there is an option you can record the wav file from a phone directly.

4- there is a "After greeting" you can forward the call after to any user, or you can create a menu using " Caller Handler"

if so, please let me know and I will give you full details about this.

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

i really appreciate it Sir, if your provide me details or document that quide me 

one more thing if you don't mind me ask, is there possiblity to repeat play it until CUCM phones answer it 

Thanks in advance

not possible

the above method will play welcome message then forward to the phone

Gentlemen,

As you know, we use this way in case if we want to play an announcement with IVR, so the caller can choose the destionation he wants to reach.

So please Yaser, update us if you want just an announcement then the call flow normally as it is? or you want to caller to listen to options menu and select.

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Dear Mr.Mohamed,

Kindly, what i need is to make CUCM Phones work as a call center, so any incoming SIP calls from Trunck i want to play annoucement until one pick up, if there is possible IVR would be great and thankful if you help me

Thanks

Hello Yaser,

In this case, let me suppose that you have groups of users, and you want each group to handle a type of incoming calls.

at CUCM:

1- configure Hunt Group for each users group i.e. Sales_hunt Group, Support_Hunt Group, Complian_hunt Group ...etc and assign the extensions for each hunt group

2- Create Hunt_List for each Hunt Group

3- Create a Hunt Pilot for each Hunt_List

4- Create a CTI Route Point with DN which forward all to voice mail

at CUC:

5- Create a VM for this user" lets name it AA" you created the CTI Route Point for. at step 4

6- From the user AA, Choose Greetings>> Standard 

7- check box "personal" instead of " system", a player will be appear and the end of the page"you need Java for this"

8-upload your wav file as I mentioned later " this wav file will be the welcome and the main menu, for example: Welcome to XYZ Compnay, please press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support and Press 3 for Complains thank you"

9- at After Greeting: you can choose to repeat the msg, terminate the call or forward to extension. " to the operator for example if the caller didn't put any input, also you can adjust the delay"

10- at Call Input, you can choose each digit to forward to the Hunt Pilot you created in step 3

at VGW:

11- you need to create a translation Rule to make the incoming call points to your CTI Route point you created at Step 4, apply he translation profile under the dial-peer voip which points to the CUCM

** now lets check how the call flow will be:

a- a caller call your company number

b- at the VGW it will be translated to the CTI number and passed to the CUCM

c- CUCM will forward the call to the Voice mail " you can check these steps first before any modification at the CUC, so you can hear the default VM msg"

d- if you changed the welcome msg as done in step 8, the caller will listen to it

e- when the caller put any option, it should direct to the same way we configured at step 10 " check you dtmf under the dial-peer"

if you need your to make two or three layers, i.e option 1 has its own menu and options, and so option 2 and 3:

10- Now you need to create three " Call Handler" for each options in the main menu, let's say Sales_Call_Handler, Support_Call Handler and Complain_Call Handler

11- at each call handler, go to Greating>> Standard  and do the same steps 7&8 to change it's wav to the sub menu wav you want under each option.

12- at each call handler >> Caller Input choose each input option, wither to go to nother call handler, or to an extension " the extension could be a hunt pilot also" 

note: I am writing these steps by heart while handling a real case, so forgive me if i forgot something :)

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Thanks a lot Mr.Mohamed for reply

let me try this idea and feedback ASAP

I am using Call handler for IVR first call went to CTI route point then forward it to voicemail for IVR.

I have one question can i run IVR and phone ringing at same time is tit possible?

I have CUCM and Unity only.

Hello Mohamed,

Kindly i did try a lot but i failed, let's first start do it inside CUCM + CUC and forget about VGW and SIP Trunk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have now 3 IPPhone with extension (1111,1112,1113) what i need is (1111,1112) is hunt group with DN(2004) while 1113 is caller side.

1. configure Hunt Group for (1111,1112) / Done

2- Create Hunt_List for each Hunt Group /Done

3- Create a Hunt Pilot for each Hunt_List /Done with DN (2004) till this step every thing going well even when i dial 2004 from 1113 it's ringing in both devices (1111,1112).

4. not Done yet i don;t know how to configure it

//////// same thing in CUC steps please i really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot

Hi Yaser,

I am Happy to know that the UCCX, went fine with you. but let's check this issue of all IP phones ringing in the same time:

simply at the hunt group, you need to change it from " broadcast " to " up down"

this is the first drop down list at the hunt group configuration

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: