cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to turn MWI on/off remotely on an IP Phone?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

is there a way to to turn MWI on remotely on/off an IP Phone, by dialing a number from another IP Phone?

Suppose that 2XX is an extension, 300 is MWI off and 301 is MWI on.

What do I need to configure to accomplish remote MWI handling?

TIA and regards.

9 Replies 9

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd temporarily configure 2xx on my phone, so that it appears as shared line on my phone & from that shared line, I'd dial 300 to turn off the MWI.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hello,

the problem is that I need a permanent configuration, so temporarily configuring 2xx on my phone isn't an acceptable solution.

Regards.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MWI is meant to reflect presence of new messages in a mailbox.

Overriding MWI status would neglet that purpose, why ?

Hello,

actually, we aren't using a real voicemail system.

We are developing a CUCCX script that permits to leave a message to a user; this message is then sent to that user's e-mail address.

To simulate the arrival of a new message on the "voicemail", we need to turn ON MWI by the script.

Regards.

Ok - and have you thought about how that MWI light will turn off once the user has read the message?

Otherwise it turns on, and stays on... so the user will never again know if there is a message waiting, and the MWI light becomes a power light.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Well, the only thing we can do is to instruct the users to turn MWI off by dialing 300.

Regards.

MIW on/off is set with SIP protocol. Also TAPI could to that, not sure about other programming methods.

You must use one of these to pilot MWI status from an application.

I know you said you're not using a real VM system, but do you have Unity at all?  You could achieve this by having UCCX email the UC SMPT email address for the user/list, so that when they listen to the VM, the VM pilot functionality between CUCM and UC work as designed.  If the emails are to a list, you can also use the Dispatch delivery type where the first person that accepts (doesn't reject/postpone) the message takes it out of the "bucket" of the other ones.

That's all I can think of in addition to what the others have posted.

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have also the same problem and i am interested to turn on/off the MWI light with UCCX. I believe that on and off is the same way with different parameters. That means, if you can turn on the light with a UCCX script, you can also turn it off. Unity Connection will do that via SOAP/AXL.

I am relatively sure, that there is a possibility to do it with UCCX via the "Set" Command and Java. But how?

Why we want to do that? Simply, we have no Unity Connection or apropriate Voice Mail System and UCCX can do that job. For me, i have a script for UCCX that can handle the voicemails, but not the MWI Lights. To check for new voicemails, i only press the message button on a phone. The voicemail pilot is pointed to a cti-route point that is triggerd by UCCX. So a script is startet. Once started and voicemails checked, turn off the light. Thats it!

UCCX must have Premium license! Because of using Databases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: