cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload XML images to 7941 or 7961 on CME 8.6?

wfchew2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My customer is requesting us to upload XML image to current page of 7941 and 7961 phones? Can this be done ? Please advise.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you mean a PNG background image for the phone's display?

If yes then sure. You need to format PNG files in the appropriate color depth and dimensions. Once that's done you need to have an XML file telling the phone what PNG file(s) are available to it. Finally you load all of this to flash on CME and publish the files on the tftp server.

Hi Jon,

I have the png image for Cisco phone 7941 from customer. Just that in the network there are 7911, 7961, 7975. Will the image load up accordingly? I dont think there is just specific image for just 7941 in CME, correct me if I am wrong. Please advise.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Procedure is the same, the difference will be the location of the List.xml and the image size depending on phone

7941 / 7961

Full size imageā€” 320 pixels (width) X 196 pixels (height).

Thumbnail imageā€” 80 pixels (width) X 49 pixels (height).

Directory "Desktops/320x196x4"

Full size imageā€”320 pixels (width) X 216 pixels (height).

Thumbnail imageā€”80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

Directory "/Desktops/320x216x16"

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

So if I have correct measurement, will the image load correctly to respective phones ? Since I also have 7911 in the networks..

I am having CME 8.6.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Make sure you use a XML editor when you edit the "List.xml" file for pointing to the PNG file. Do not use the text editor as it may cause problems .Use the free tools like "Notepad++" to edit the XML

Also, if possible, use  only adobe to resize the image to the required resolution.

If you use 9900 or 8900 series , better if you download the "List.xml" from the TFTP and edit it. In this way , you won't lose the existing PNG images

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: