cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use BAT to create new users for self-provisioning?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

We're on CUCM 10.  Can someone please describe how to use BAT (or any other method relevant to this) to create a new group of users that can use self-provisioning?  The goal is to add a bunch of phones that can automatically be assigned a temporary DN when the phone is plugged in (taken care of with auto-registration), then the user can log in to the phone using self provisioning.   I can do this manaully one by one and it works fine, but so far I can't figure out how to use BAT or some other way to add large groups of users that will be able to use self-provisioning. 

Thanks

16 Replies 16

I got it!  I finally was able to get the Primary Extension to show up for the users via BAT.  It ended up taking 3 steps.

1 - Create the directory numbers 

2 - Run BAT job to add users (Filled out the needed info on the 'Users' tab on the BAT spreadsheet and then did 'Insert Users' BAT job in CUCM with the CSV file I got from the User tab on the spreadsheet)

3 - Used the 'Update Users' tab on the spreadsheet and only filled in the User ID, Primary Extension and User Profile fields and ran another BAT job to Update Users.  

The important thing to know for the Primary Extension field in step 3 is that you can't just enter the number.  You have to enter the number plus the partition that DN is in.   For example, if my number was 65555 and the partition for that DN is PT_EXT_NUMBERS, I would have to enter the number like this in the Primary Extension field:  65555 in PT_EXT_NUMBERS

Otherwise, I guess CUCM says that DN doesn't exist because there's no 65555 DN in the 'none' partition. 

So anyway, I guess the reasoning for why this process works is...

• The DN has to already exist in the system before you try to run the BAT job to associate that DN with a user (although, you DON'T have to do that using the Quick User/Phone Add because in that case, the system creates the DN on the fly....too bad BAT won't work the same way)
  • The user has to be created before it'll let you associate it with the DN (although this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Why can't I create the user and associate the user with an existing DN all at once?)
  • The last step is to bring together the new DN and the new User.    

I hope I didn't get my reasoning wrong for why it will work this way but not the other ways I tried it.  Either way, it did work.    I think I still have a couple other glitches to work out, but this is a good thing...some progress.   

i did as below

created directory range. eg: 4001 - 4003

imported user with self provisioning number and primary extension( 4001 - 4003) using bat

and it worked.

when you add the primary extension in bat, make sure that these directory numbers are already created in CUCM.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: