Views
Helpful
Replies

how to use UCL Enh Plsu license mix with Enh License

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I bought 135 Enh plus licnese which should support 270 devices, but when I installed it in CUCM 10.5 the call manager consumed them as 135 not as 270! How can I solve this issue.

Thanks for all

Mohammad

23 Replies 23

Open an SR with Cisco licensing. There my be problem with PAK/Lic file

Hi,

can u share snapshot from the CUCM Administration . System---Licensing --License usage report

regds,

aman

screen shot attached!

Sorry ignore my previous message as it wasn't targeting this post.

I don't understand how you bought 135 lic to support 270. 135 enh plus license can support one deskphone and one softphone assuming that you bind the soft to desk. This is the only way to have 270 endpoints

in screenshot mentioned is support tow devices! 

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Mohammad,

you need to associate two devices to same user id and select the owner user id on the device page. Once done, update license usage in CUCM and do a synch in PLM so that 1 enhanced plius license will be consumed for 2 devices instead of 2.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the stars below

but now all devices with Anonymous user.. I didn't specify any user to any phone!

if you dint associate users and all phones are individual hard phones, then you are running short of licenses. Instead of enhanced plus license, you need to contact licensing team and convert it into enhanced licenses (1 enhanced license for each of those endpoint).

Else you could follow the procedure I mentioned to reduce the license consumption if you could associate two devices (mostly one phone and softphone) to an user

HTH
Rajan

Hi,

from the snapshot, I can see u installed 135 ENhanced Plus licenses but most of them have been consumed by Enhanced since by Enhanced. Even still it is Out Of Compliance and need 78 more enhanced licenses.

regds,

aman

Yes Aman, this is what happened! I already had 26 licenses as Enhanced! Ho can I use 135 for two devices.

Thanks

Hi,

you have 140 [Basic ]and 63 [essential u have installed ] licenses still available but 26 enhanced licenses while requirement is for 239.

Now when u installed 135 enhanced plus licenses , they have been consumed by Enhanced users and still short of 78 licenses.

can u share licenses usage report from CUCM administration ?

regds,

aman

screenshot attached.

thanks for your support

Hi,

from the snapshot, I can see all users are showing Unassigned Devices.

As said by Rajan, try to map these physical phones by selecting owner id and click on "Update Usage details" . also, login PLM and synchronise.

You would be able to get free licenses.

rgds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: