cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how you make international calls

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

please help...!!! its getting very critical in my enviorment.. if you guys can answer this question .. how your international call (long distance) calls go out .. is it on PSTN/ ISDN or internet. measn in my scenario all my calls route through ISDN and thats why we have huge international call bills. but i know when ever cisco calls on my mobile the number which displayes is +1111 this means they are using some SIP provider i want to do the same thing.. want to integrate some cip provider with my call manager to route my international calls via internet. but dont know how to do this .. whatb i need some software or hardware ... dont know .. please help .

or share how you route your international calls...!!!

CUCM 6.1.3

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a SIP trunk for PSTN connectivity does not necessarily mean that it is being done "across the Internet." The psuedo standard among providers is to provide a dedicated Ethernet hand-off to you for privacy and security reasons.The only providers who offer internet-based SIP trunks are those who cannot provide a circuit to your premise. I try to avoid running real-time traffic across the Internet whenever possible; it turns into a finger-pointing game if there are audio quality issues.

Cisco UCM is only intended to have SIP trunks to destinations within your enterprise. Common examples are Unity Connection, MeetingPlace, and your PSTN gateways (instead of H.323 or MGCP). CUCM typically cannot serve SIP trunks to the outside world due to NAT and a whole list of other issues. Instead, an ISR or ASR router serves as a border element. This is how Cisco intends you to connect their UC products to a SIP provider.

Thanks jonathan...for the nice and quick reply.. you know realy saying i didnt really understool ur explanation that how cisco uses internet to make calls out .. if it is the case of a CIsco ISR router i have one in spare.. but how to implement this .. can you please put some light on that.. jonathan i am new to this world.. but still implemented IPt for my company not what is happening is my boss is using SIP provider to make international calls & he wants me to configure the same for the company to make international calls out.. just to tell u he uses a sip device no CUCM in his case..

Please help

Jatinder,

- First thing that you will need to do is to configure a CUBE (gateway) to interconnect with you SIP provider.

- create a dial-peer for incoming call from CUCM to the gateway

- create a dial-peer for outgoing call from the gateway to the SIP provider

This document will help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html

You will need to configure CUCM

- Create a trunk on CUCM to route calls to the gateway

- Create a route-pattern for international calls, that RP will use the SIP trunk created before

This document may help you for both parts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

However, I would recommend you to read a bit about it, and SRND would be a very good start.

Thanks for the Great support.. nicholas u know .. please dont mind but really i got a very bad pressure from my seniors about this implementation and i dotn know the head & feet of this .. so can you please guide me what exactly is cube .. is this a hardware or can be done on some ISR router... & whats the need of dial pattern there.. secondly where the authentication information for the sip provider settings.

Please guide

CUBE is a feature that you can have on an ISR.

Dial-peer are used to route calls, as routes are defined to route packets on a router. The only difference is that for each calls, it's recommended to have an incoming dial-peers, to specify the parameters of this incoming calls.

Regarding the SIP provider, every provider has different parameters, and I can't provide you a configuration for each of them. I suggest that you talk to your provider, and check with him what need to be implemented. There is quite a lot of documents or configuration on cisco.com, or even on other forums.

If you need help and somebody to configure it with you, I suggest that you open a case with Cisco TAC, or contact the Cisco account team to have somebody to deploy it for you (Advanced Services is specialized in deployments).

Thanks nicolas.. the  router which i am using for IPT can i use the same for router for the same purpose ... and if yes how can i confiugre a router as cube ... please guide .. and about the Voip i am planning to use NYMGO who provide their setting, like stun server .. i have got an account so can configure that too.. if it the way... and about the incoming i am not expecting any incoming on that,.. means internet will be used to call outside international calls.. so why incoming call pattern..

Thanks nicolas for all the information.. i went throught the documentation...find it very helpfull but nicolas there are few questions if you can answer..

1. i didnt found where i can give stun settings and user name password for my voip provider..

have you done this setup anywhere.. can you share the configuration with me .. if its not a problem.. i want to use NYMGO..

2. can i use the same router which is my voice gateway which forwards the call on PSTN for cube..

3. cube is just enabling few commands or do i need a special IOS.. right now my IOS is SPservices

4. do i really need incoming call pattern..?

Please help me setup this .. this is becoming very critical for me and my company

Jatin

ANY UPDATE PLZ HELP.. GUYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I have been using Reliance Global Call Enterprise SIP trunk facility enables your business to enjoy a unified international business calling experience. Your business can also streamline the management and reduce costs of your international communication through our premise-hosted PBX or centralized IP-PBX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: