Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunt group configuration

Hunt group configuration -

Client has requested to:

765.356-5612 (Customer Service) - (ext 5612) is the hunt pilot for this group. There are 4 ext in the group - 5642, 5684, 5631 and 5621.

When someone calls

765.356-5612 it needs to ring all the extensions at the same time. After 4 \5 rings -  if no one picks up it needs to be forwarded to voice mail - 5612 (All this is working so far) I guess my question is... How can I add another MWI button to the user's phones?  In other words - the users should be able to retrive voice mail on their personal voice mail (hand set mwi) and they also should be able to be alerted and be able to retrieve voice mail for the Customer Service line voicemail - 5612.

Thansk again,

Any help would greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hunt group configuration

What VM platform are you using? Unity, Unity Connection, Unity Express?

If one of the first 2 you can define alternate extension and alternate MWI, but typically you would not to define this shared mailbox as a separate DN on the user phones so that they can distinguish which mailbox the message is in and login to the proper mailbox.

HTH,

Chris

Hunt group configuration

Chris, 

We are on Unity 7.0 (2) - Can you tell me a little bit more about you suggestion? So adding another button to the phones is not recommded\possible?

How can I make sure when someone calls the main customer service number and no one answers,  still be able  to send it to a generic voice mail and alert the user about that someone left a voice mail?

Thanks again,

AMontiel

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hunt group configuration

>>So adding another button to the phones is not recommded\possible?

I am sorry is this a question or a fact you are stating?

>>How can I make sure when someone calls the main customer service number  and no one answers,  still be able  to send it to a generic voice mail  and alert the user about that someone left a voice mail?

Build group mailbox, and then assign the group mailbox DN to the user phones' that need to manage these, if you cannot assign this DN to a phone then the users would need to periodically dial into VM to check if there are any messages. 

If you have UM deployment you can forward these to email distribution list and simply have the users retreive these via email.

Chris

Hunt group configuration

As an alternative, in the voicemail for extension  5612, under the option "alternate extension" You can add extensions 5642, 5684, 5631 and 5621" if they do not have their own mailbox.

If they are, I will suggest you to try, if you are using ip phone models that supports more than 1 line, to create a second line on those phones and those lines being added on 5612 mailbox as a "alternate extension"

HTH

Viri

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content