Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Going to Voicemail.

Morning all,

I have two hunt pilot setup with about 5 members in each. If calls on these hunt group are not answered, the caller should go to voicemail. The voicemail should to to a same member in the hunt group for both hunt groups.

Example: I am a member of Hunt Group A and Hunt Group B. If calls are not answered in these hunt group, the caller should go to my voicemail.

Is there a way to differentiate both voicemails. Will I know before I check my voicemail that this voicemail came through voicemail B.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Anthony

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

first which voice mailu r useing?

i will asume that u use unity

just make route rule on the unity match the calling number from which phone the call come then make whatever action after that match

good luck

please, if helpful rate

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Anthony,

Just to add a different method to the great info from my friend Marwan (+5 points for this Marwan :)

These Destination settings (on the Hunt Pilot) need to be configured to go to the Unity Voicemail Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the Unity VM Pilot)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wp1023973

For your setup;

Under the Hunt Pilot - Use the Forward to Voicemail (Destination Setting) and setup the Hunt Pilot DN's as Alternate Extensions under one of the Line Group members (in your example both Hunt Pilot #'s would be set as Alternate Extensions under your Mailbox) Voicemail Box or a Shared number on all the phones so you can see the MWI Lamp :)

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone.

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

If you wanted to know ahead of time which Hunt Pilot # the VM came through, then I would setup a secondary/tertiary number with VM on your phone and link the Hunt Pilot Alternate Extension to these numbers instead of your extension. This way you will have a specific visual MWI for each Hunt #.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

first which voice mailu r useing?

i will asume that u use unity

just make route rule on the unity match the calling number from which phone the call come then make whatever action after that match

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Hi Marwan,

We use Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(5), just to clarify things further, the 1st hunt group number is 53768 and the 2nd one is 53769.

We haven't used Call Routing in here before and I was going to set it up as follows (see attachments below, I really hope this makes sense). I was hoping to have two different messages and then forward on the messages to Rosella.

Do I need to send it to a Call Handler?

What do I do in the hunt group to send it to voicemail if the call is not answered?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Anthony,

Just to add a different method to the great info from my friend Marwan (+5 points for this Marwan :)

These Destination settings (on the Hunt Pilot) need to be configured to go to the Unity Voicemail Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wp1023973

For your setup;

Under the Hunt Pilot - Use the Forward to Voicemail (Destination Setting) and setup the Hunt Pilot DN's as Alternate Extensions under one of the Line Group members (in your example both Hunt Pilot #'s would be set as Alternate Extensions under your Mailbox) Voicemail Box or a Shared number on all the phones so you can see the MWI Lamp :)

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone.

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

If you wanted to know ahead of time which Hunt Pilot # the VM came through, then I would setup a secondary/tertiary number with VM on your phone and link the Hunt Pilot Alternate Extension to these numbers instead of your extension. This way you will have a specific visual MWI for each Hunt #.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob u always provide us with a valueable methodes

this 5+ too :)

Thank a million to you both.

High Five,

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

High five right back at ya! Glad to be of some small help here.

Take care,

Rob

Rob, great detailed answer, another 5 points

Hi Jorge,

Thanks my friend! It's always a real treat to receive such a nice nod from someone you really admire :)

Rock On!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: