Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt group queu annoucment message

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi networkers,

i wonder if CCM 5 and above built in can handle basic call queuing feature. i dont have IPCC or unity . i have 3 reservation persons who answer reservations calls and if all of them is busy or not answer to play message to caller or play at least the music on hold till one agent be free and answer them. i was working for AVAYA system and to have basic acd or queue no need for addiotional server or hardware. its even built in for small to built Bussiness site which they dont need a call center or enhaced queuing . just play music on hold while the guys busy or a annoucment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tariq,

One way to do this would be to use AC (Attendant Console) Hunt with queuing, rather than Hunt Pilot/Line Group style hunting;

Understanding Call Queuing

You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. The caller receives music on hold while in the queue. The attendants cannot view the queued calls. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco TCD redirects the call to that hunt group member.

You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box. You must also enter a value in the Queue Size field and the Hold Time (in Seconds) field. The queue size specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco TCD routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that is specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco TCD drops the call when the queue size limit is reached. The hold time specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco TCD keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to "AlwaysRoute" member. If the "AlwaysRoute" member is not configured, no action occurs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1224095

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: I think there might be something coming down the line in CCM 7.x for this type of built-in setup as well :)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tariq,

One way to do this would be to use AC (Attendant Console) Hunt with queuing, rather than Hunt Pilot/Line Group style hunting;

You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. The caller receives music on hold while in the queue. The attendants cannot view the queued calls. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco TCD redirects the call to that hunt group member.

You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box. You must also enter a value in the Queue Size field and the Hold Time (in Seconds) field. The queue size specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco TCD routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that is specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco TCD drops the call when the queue size limit is reached. The hold time specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco TCD keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to "AlwaysRoute" member. If the "AlwaysRoute" member is not configured, no action occurs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1224095

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: I think there might be something coming down the line in CCM 7.x for this type of built-in setup as well :)

thanks alot Rob. i dont think so that they will prefer to use attendant console software. actually we have 3rd party voice mail i will check with them if they can provide this facility. hope 2 see CCM 7 then soon. thanks once more again for your info

hi Rob

i know its old post of urs :) but useful one

u said

The attendants cannot view the queued calls

is there a way to let the AC user to see the queued call in the AC software ??

if not do u have any cisco link mentions that

thanks

Not possible, clearly explained in the features and services guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1144562

You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. While in the queue, the callers receive music on hold if you have chosen an audio source from the Network Hold Audio Source and the User Hold MOH Audio Source drop-down list boxes in the Common Device Configuration window or the Pilot Point Configuration window. --->>>The attendants cannot view the queued calls<<<---. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console redirects the call to that hunt group member.

the link Rob already posted has the same information as well, so now you have 2 links in case a customer has doubt =)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks Java

i just wanted to explain it to a customer

:)

Hey Marwan,

Have you looked at this;

You can see the broadcast calls in the Broadcast Calls window.

Broadcast Calls Window

This window contains the Broadcast Calls Details pane, which displays the list of incoming calls that have been placed in a queue and broadcast to the attendants but not answered. Any available attendant can answer a broadcast call. After an attendant answers a broadcast call, the call moves from the Broadcast Calls window to the Call Control window of the attendant who answered the call. If the attendant has an active call, the Attendant Console places that active call on hold when the attendant answers the broadcast call.

The Broadcast Calls entry in the Broadcast Calls Details pane comprises the following information:

•The directory number (pilot point) that the broadcast caller dialed

•The directory number and user name of the call that is broadcast

•Time that the call has been queued

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/1_4_1/english/user/guide/ac_1_eng.html#wpxref77019

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi Rob

actually i have seen that

but i was wonderring if i have one AC user and one number in the pilot

will that mean that user will be able to see waiting calls !!!

not sure i will give it a try in a lab if i get chance

but if u have idea about let me know

thank you very much Rob :) and java as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: