cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group that SHOULD forward to a AA

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, Ive been thinking about this, since I have not had success at this yet. I have a hunt group that comes in to an operator, and if she doesnt answer, it forwards over to another operator. If both of them are not available, it should be forwarded over to an auto attendant. Well, in trying to do this in the hunt group, CUCM 6.1 tells me that you cant put a CTI route point into a hunt group. Ok, thats fine, but how do I go about working this out to get to an auto attendant? Anyone know how I might be able to get this done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Hope all is well :) Just to add to the info from our good friend Jaime;

You can leverage this RNA setting;

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level that routes the caller to the AA number ;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the AA)

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. (This can be the Directory Number of the AA)

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, just to confirm, are we talking about a hunt list, line group setup? or pilot point/hunt group?

if talking about line groups just add the line group for the VM ports as the last member of the hunt list, if using AC you can choose to route the call to a DN and from there forward to VM

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, sorry. I have a main line that comes into a cti route point, that points to a hunt group pilot number. In that hunt group, I have the main operator first, then backup operators. From there, if no one answers, it should go to an auto attendant. So, it sounds like I could create a DN that callforwardall to the auto attendant?

Also, in thinking about this, if I implement something like this, how will implementing attendant console affect this?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Hope all is well :) Just to add to the info from our good friend Jaime;

You can leverage this RNA setting;

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level that routes the caller to the AA number ;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob/Jamie, thanks. This has been very helpful. Ill look at this again Monday when I get back in. I wasnt sure you could do a forward no answer to AA on the hunt pilot. In fact, I really didnt think about it I guess. Thats a really good answer and I think that will get it. Guys, thanks again.

Hi John,

You are always welcome my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Rob, that worked. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks.

Hi Rob,

How does this function with 5.1 Attendant Console Pilot Points? There doesn't appear to be an option when an Attendant doesn't answer the phone ... only if they're logged in (if a User) or if by DN (in use, not in use)...

Hi Brian,

Hope all is well with you! You will need to use the "Always Route Member" to get the call to Unity when the Attendant goes offline;

Understanding Call Queuing

You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. The caller receives music on hold while in the queue. The attendants cannot view the queued calls. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco TCD redirects the call to that hunt group member.

You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box. You must also enter a value in the Queue Size field and the Hold Time (in Seconds) field. The queue size specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco TCD routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that is specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco TCD drops the call when the queue size limit is reached. The hold time specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco TCD keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to "AlwaysRoute" member. If the "AlwaysRoute" member is not configured, no action occurs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1224095

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info ... but I'm specifically looking for a case where an Attendant logs in to Attendant Console, indicates they are available, but doesn't answer an incoming call. In my tests the phone rings indefinitely.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

What Hunt Algorithm are you using?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I chose "First Available". Again this is when I configure an Attendant Console Pilot Point (Menu options Application>Attendant Console>Pilot Point).

I tried switching to a standard Hunt Pilot>Hunt List>Line Group and it appears to be working okay. Though this method does not appear to check the Attendant's Online/Offline status. My problem with this appears to be that when a call routes to the next Hunt List Member the Attendant Console Screen shows an error "Failed to Make Call". Troubleshooting now...

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: