cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group to Unity

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I am strugging with a hunt group that I want to forward to Unity.

1 hunt group will be in a CSS/Partition for business hours.

the other hunt group - with the same pilot will be in the default CSS/Partition.

My second hunt group will forward directly to a Unity System Handler. But when I configure this Hunt Group to call my system handler - it goes to Unity, but not the system handler I chose. It goes to the default Unity menu.

Hunt Pilot - 499

Line Group Members - I have tried Empty, A dummy extension with Forward all to 701.

Forward NoAn = 701

Forward Busy = 701

If I dial 701 - it answers with my Auto Attendant.

If I dial 499 - it goes to Unity - "Hello - Cisco Unity Connection messaging....."

Any help is appreciated and will be rated....

Thanks,

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's expected. Unity default behavior is to use the original called number to choose the mailbox, i assume there is no mailbox for 499 but there is for 701 right?

You could configure call routing rules for calls that come from the hunt pilot to go to whatever call handler you want.

You can also change the behavior if Unity 5.X and above to use the last redirecting number, but you do not mention what you have.

BTW: CFA is bypassed in line group members for calls that arrive thru the hunt pilot

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's expected. Unity default behavior is to use the original called number to choose the mailbox, i assume there is no mailbox for 499 but there is for 701 right?

You could configure call routing rules for calls that come from the hunt pilot to go to whatever call handler you want.

You can also change the behavior if Unity 5.X and above to use the last redirecting number, but you do not mention what you have.

BTW: CFA is bypassed in line group members for calls that arrive thru the hunt pilot

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I like the second idea about adjusting Unity. I am actually on Unity Connection 7.0.2. and I cannot find the option you are referring to.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Heath,

This is available in Unity Connection 7.x as well;

Via

Cisco Unity Connection Administration

Advanced (towards the bottom of the page)

Conversation Configuration

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: