cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt groups with voicemail

joshehaos
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hunt pilot setup for extension 1030. It rings to 3 different people and then I have the FNA to 1018, which is a voicemail box. If you call it, everything works right and it sends it to the voicemail box. The person leaves the message, but the MWI does not light up. When you call in to check the voicemail of 1018, it tells you that have none.

I first thought it was because of alternate extensions in Unity, but that did not fix it. From what I am understanding is that the regular called party is 1030 so Unity is not seeing it that somehow.

I am running CM 4.2 with Unity 5.0

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If you run the call viewer utility from within the Tools Depot you should see that the called number is 1030.

Therefore you would have to create a direct call routing rule under CallManagement which should be configured to send to the subscriber greeting 1018 when the dialed number is 1030.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

Just to add a note to the good info from Allan. You are completely on the right track here, Unity sees the First Redirecting or Originally Dialed number (1030's CLID rather than the Last Redirecting Number (1018).

There is a fix in recently released Unity 5.0 though :)

Have a look at Michael's great posts, there is a fix on the horizon for this exact problem in (Unity 5.0) **now released,(ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddada58

Also, here is another reference to this exact question with an answer from THE Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda8a86/0#selected_message

Here are the Unity 5.0 release notes;

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that 1030 is an Alternate Extension for 1018. Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (1018).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case 1030) and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

For any MWI to work DN 1018 should reside on these phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob