cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt / LG skip forwarded phones

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've got a hunt pilot -> hunt list -> line group configured in Call Manager 7.1 the call distribution is fine, but I thought phones that were forwarded were excluded from the group?

When a phone is forwarded to voicemail, the phone is still ringing out loud. In this instance, I wanted the phone to be skipped and go to the next member. To be clear I do NOT want to send the call to any type of voicemail (and that is not what is happening). I just want a forwarded phone to be temporarily excluded.

I thought this was the default behaviour. Presumably this is possible? I can't see and config options specific to this particular group - is there a service parameter that sets this? or is the desired behaviour not possible?

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is not the default behaviour. The phone doesnt ge skipped, its the forward destination that gets skipped. In your case the call will never go to voicemail. Your best approach is to use the hlog softkey. When the user is away, they just need to press the hlog key and they willbe automatically logged out of the hunt group. This way calls are not sent to them. When he/she is back at his/her desk, pressing the hlog key again will log them back into the hunt group.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it so then I think you can use extension mobility. In that case if user is going away from the phone then he/she can  simply logout from the phone and can login back when he/she comes back, during logout time that extension/phone will be skipped.

Suresh

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is not the default behaviour. The phone doesnt ge skipped, its the forward destination that gets skipped. In your case the call will never go to voicemail. Your best approach is to use the hlog softkey. When the user is away, they just need to press the hlog key and they willbe automatically logged out of the hunt group. This way calls are not sent to them. When he/she is back at his/her desk, pressing the hlog key again will log them back into the hunt group.

Noted it down, nice;+5 to U !!!

Suresh

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

+5 for Ayodeji Okanlawon as usual.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Removed.

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, this is option will work for me - I would have preferred the behaviour I detailed, but this obviously isn't possible. Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: