cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot and Pilot Point

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone throw some lights on whats the difference between Hunt Pilot and Pilot Point....

I have used Hunt Pilot in conjunction with Hunt List and Line Groups... but I have not used Pilot Point, so wanted to know whats the difference between these two... As when I went through the docs from Cisco I find the Pilot Point is much similar to Hunt Pilot... Am I right or wrong??

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi RV,

The difference is that a Pilot Point is used with Attendant Console Hunt Groups :)

Understanding Pilot Points and Hunt Groups

A pilot point, a virtual directory number that is never busy, alerts the Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console to receive and direct calls to hunt group members. A hunt group comprises a list of destinations that determine the call redirection order.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wpxref29392

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have a customer who claims his pilot point is working without attendant console software on the agent Pc.In other words agent is just using the IP Phone.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi Rajesh,

Hope all is well my friend! Yes, this is quite possible. Many people run this config simply for the Queueing/Hunt features with IP Phones and without the AC Setup on User PC's:)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

this customer was using the Pilot point for hunting to IP Phones, and suddenly stopped working.

the number is now producing busy tone.

How can we get it to work again?Any idea?

thanks

Hello,

Try restarting Telephony Call Dispatcher Service, or if using newer version of CUCM, restart Attendant Console Server service. This usually clears up the issue.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.