cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot DN to VM Issue

transnetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where inbound PSTN calls with 10-digit DNIS that ring-no-answer to a hunt pilot route to VM with only 4 digits. A hunt pilot has no VM profile that I can change. Any ideas?

e.g.,

DNIS: 7185551212

Hunt Pilot: pattern:7185551212, forward-busy/forward no-answer to the voicemail Hunt Pilot: 8200

Unity Connection Mailbox, DN:7185551212

Port monitor shows Called/Redirected ID of 1212

I need all 10 digits as the mailbox ID.

TIA,

Brian

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

Did you try setting up an Alternate extension of 1212 under

7185551212 ??

Cheers!

Rob

I did Rob, but no luck. That's when I ran the port monitor and noticed it was only presenting the last 4 digits (1212). This is a very large deployment and I need all 10 to avoid conflicts with the extension dialplan.

As always thanks for your input.

Brian

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is 8200?  How about changing the VM profile on that DN to mas it to XXXXXXXXXX?

Chris

8200 is the hunt pilot for the voicemail ports.  There's no way I see that I can change the mask.

Since the DNIS was 10-digits I'm puzzled why it's sending only the last 4 to Unity Connection.

What if you defined another device, i.e. CTI Route point with proper VM Profile and use that as forward destination instead of the VM pilot? The redirecting number should be retained and 7185551212 should be presented to unity.

Chris

I tried a similar approach ... I added a secondary extension to a phone, then set the Hunt Pilot ring-no-answer/busy destination to that extension. That extension is set to forward to voicemail, but I still get the last four of the original dialed number (the original Hunt Pilot/main number of the site).

What is the VM Profile mask defined as that is assigned to the second extension?

If it is XXXXXXXXXX, perhaps you can define that extension as 10 digits to see if that helps.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I'm still baffled as to why adding 1212 as an Alternate extension in Unity Connection

didn't work??

But like Chris nicely noted let's try setting up a new CTI-RP with a new number and also create a new VM profile

called Hunt Transfer. On the new VM Profile use 7185551212 as the Voice Mail Box Mask and on the new

CTI RP DN page use the newly created Hunt transfer profile for it's VM profile.

Set the Call Forward all to 8200 on the new CTI-RP

Change the CFNA/CFB on the Hunt Pilot page to go to the new CTI-RP DN and let's see what happens

Cheers!

Rob

Actually it does work Rob. The port monitor shows I'm sending the last four, and an alternate DN certainly works ...

BUT...    (you knew this was coming  ;-) 

In using that alternate DN I lose that DN for other subscribers. In this network I have 110+ locations and a dialplan to match. 1212 and the countless other last-four of the DIDs that will be ported to the centralized PRI bundles will no-doubt conflict.

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Have you down loaded the Port monitoring SW if you can , this way you will be able to confirm the DN being sent to Unity Connection ?

Yep, last four.

Why not just create a DN with the Full number you require, assign that to the Hunt group as last choice but create a new Voice mail profile which forwards all the digits to Voice mail

Pilot DN 7185551212

Last choice DN 7185551212- use a different Partition if you have to

Call forward all to Voice mail BUT 7185551212 uses a different Voice Mail profile so all the digits are sent

Create a mail box for 7185551212

Or create a new dn and new vm box instead of the 718 dn if it is used for things

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: