Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot forward roll back to the original VM's extension if no answer

I need a help to setup a way when someone calls the hunt pilot 1100, the call should roll back to the 1100's VM in case no answer.

So, here is what I have:

1. HP 1100

2. HL

3. Line Group: RNA Reversion Timeout: 7, and Top Down. Hunt Options: Try next member is all 3 options. And then the DNs: 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104

So the idea is to ring 7 seconds on each extensions in top-down: 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, and 1104. If no answer on 1104 the call should rolls over on 1100's VM.

Here are what I tried:

1. Under HP I checked "Use Personal Preferences. However the call was rolling back around to each of the list, and did not go to the 1100VM;

2. Then I tried under HP without checking "Use Personal Preferences", and just selected the destination 1100 and the CSS. However, the call comes back to the 2751 extension. So did not work either.

Am I missing something? Not sure 35 seconds ring are too long before the call rolling back to the original 1100 VM's extension...

Anyway, any help is much appreciate.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

sorry I forgot not mentioning is a CUCM 8.6

Just check CFNA/CFB on the LG to go to VM pilot, that's all you need to do.

Are you FW from another phone DN to that HP to use personal preferences???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Java, thanks for trying to help me out on this.

Where can I check it on the LG to go to VM pilot? As far as I know there is no option on the LG for CFNA/CFB. You mean on HP? If so, yes I tried it as I mentioned above: use personal preferences and forward hunt no answer, but neither one did not work out.

About your question, I'm not using personal preferences. Be honest not sure how it works because never use this before.

Here is the call flow when someone calls 1100 from the PSTN:

The 1100 is a HP, then I have a top-down algorithm which follows this order:

Ring first on 1101 (7 seconds), then 1102 (more 7 seconds), then 1103 (more 7 seconds), and then 1104 (more 7 seconds). If noone answers the call should roll over to the HP 1100's VM, which in that case I do have a voice mailbox setup on Unity Connection.

So the idea is when nobody in the LG list picks it up, the call should roll back to the first number called 1100's VM.

Is that possible? If so, how I can do it?

Any help is much appreciate.

Yeah, HP, I was thinking on something else when writing that down.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gustavo,

You are most correct

On the Hunt Pilot main page set the CFNA & CFB to go to your

Voicemail main Pilot # instead of 1100. Then give it another test.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Hi Rob, I thought this one would be easy.

Let me explain what happened.

First of all, it worked with my extension, however my extension is located on Site B, and the HP 1100 is located on Site A. And unfornutely did not work with the HP 1100's VM. We indeed have on Unity Connection a voice mail for 1100.

Now this is the weirdst thing. I put another extension on the same site where we have the HP, let's say this extension is 1110. This is what happened, the call did not go to the 1110's VM, but went to the 1100's VM. And I swear the fw hunt no answer and fw hunt busy were setup to 1110, and not 1100. Any explanation for this happen?

One info that might help you to help me out on this is. I have two CUC in different locations. One CUC on Site A (where is located the HP 1100), and another CUC on Site B (where is locate my extension).

Any idea how to solve it, or point me on the right direction?

Thanks a lot for help me out on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: