Hunt Pilot Forwarding issue over DN in PSTN number format

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a setup of CUCM 8.6.

Below is the Diagram.

Centrailized Setup

we have 4 clusters for India , Europe, US and APAC.

In India we have Delhi , Bangalore Mumbai and Kolkatta  sites

I have created a Hunt Pilot in Cluster 1 India and  added 2  Delhi directory numbers in Line group of Hunt List which added to Hunt Pilot also set forwarding of Hunt in case no answer and busy to Bangalore Location directory numbers as full Numner in PSTN format.

now the issue is when India users like delhi, mumbai,, kolkata dials the Hunt Pilot number,  forwarding  runs good in the case of no answer and busy on Hunt to the Bangalore Directory numbers

But when UK Users from Cluster 3 dial the Delhi Hunt Pilot  calls not getting forwarded to Bangalore DN.

I have checked the Hunt Timer and forwarding, it seems OK.

Kindly help in this case.

Regards

Hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hari,

What do you mean by full number (08066052996)? is this call supposed to go using PSTN E1 or just you are translating this number to Bangalore' extension number in India' cluster?

What is the intention behind putting full number instead of extension number of Bangalore location ?

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you able to forward those calls from  Delhi' normal extension (not hunt pilot) to PSTN ?

This seems not a issue, it might be restricted in your setup.

If call is coming to Delhi Cluster from UK on VoIP trunk and you are trying to forward that call to PSTN trunk/E1, that should be restricted as per TRAI.

Suresh

H Suresh Thanks for your response.

We are using VoIP to dial all India offices as internal and also UK, as well.

In India call getting forwarded when dial from any of the India sites to the Hunt.

But when UK users dial Delhi number as internal or full number ,call not getting forwarded to Bangalore location. It drops after Delhi Numbers

This is the problem.

Thanks

Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari,

Need more clarification on this,

1. Do you have only one CUCM cluster in India and all India sites phones are registered to this cluster ?

If yes, in that case you are not mixing VoIP and PSTN trunks so it will work.

2. Do you have SIP trunk or ICT between UK cluster and India Cluster ?

If yes, in that case this trunk would be considered as a VoIP trunk and you should not make calls outside of Delhi cluster (to PSTN) from UK' phones as per TRAI.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Suresh

Hi Suresh ,

We have a Centralized setup.All cluster based at UK CUCM. Cluster 1 is for India , 2nd for US , 3rd for UK and 4th for APAC over WAN.

We have ICT beween the Clusters.

I am forwarding Hunt Pilot in case no answer and busy on Delhi numbers to my bangalore office Directory Number and putting its full number instead of 8 digit Ucass Number like 08066052996 office

Regards

Hari

Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari,

What do you mean by full number (08066052996)? is this call supposed to go using PSTN E1 or just you are translating this number to Bangalore' extension number in India' cluster?

What is the intention behind putting full number instead of extension number of Bangalore location ?

Suresh

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Suresh,

The Main concern confirmed by NOC team is  its against TRAI policy. So i have specified the Full PSTN Number like 66052996  as internal but external as 08066052996.

Regards

Hari

Thanks, Hari Prasad