cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt pilot foward to voicemail

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you state that you want calls from your branch to the HQ to go across PSTN, although people at the branch would dial 5 digits.

say a user at HQ has extension 10000, your caller at the branch would call this number, so in order to have it go across PSTN, you will need to translate it into a pattern that is 'PSTN routable'. Once the translation has taken place, route pattern lookup will occurr again.

The best thing to do to check the dial plan logic in CUCM is the dialed numver analyser (serviceability pages).

here you can see how a number is translated and what pattern is being hit.

If you are not sure, please provide me with an example of a full PSTN number and a 5 digit number, and I will break the patterns down for you.

cheers

=======

I have configured a hunt pilot, with hunt list and line group, all working fine.

what I want to do is, if no huntgroup members are answering or of if all members are busy, have the hunt pilot go to voice mail. This voice mail, exists on a unity subscriber on the 2nd line of the phones that are part of the huntgroup (so a shared line)

As far as I can see there are 2 options to configure this.

1- In the hunt pilot config pages, one can define hunt forward settings. now I have been able to get it working, by ticking the "use personal preference" box.

2- by setting the hunt foward no answer/busy destination, to a phone which, in turn, has "CFWD All" to voice mail

so: Caller-----incoming call-->Pilot----->call foward no answer destination--->phone-->CFWD All to voicemail

Has anyone ever been able to get scenario 2 working?

I am asking this because when I do that, I get connected to my Unity box, get the generic Unity message and not the message prompting to leave voice mail. I suspect that this is because the original called number is that of the hunt pilot and not that of the call forward destination. I other words, once the call hits unity, it has no way of identifying the voicemail extenbsion

s

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please ignore my previous post!!

I have configured a hunt pilot, with hunt list and line group, all working fine.

what I want to do is, if no huntgroup members are answering or of if all members are busy, have the hunt pilot go to voice mail. This voice mail, exists on a unity subscriber on the 2nd line of the phones that are part of the huntgroup (so a shared line)

As far as I can see there are 2 options to configure this.

1- In the hunt pilot config pages, one can define hunt forward settings. now I have been able to get it working, by ticking the "use personal preference" box.

2- by setting the hunt foward no answer/busy destination, to a phone which, in turn, has "CFWD All" to voice mail

so: Caller-----incoming call-->Pilot----->call foward no answer destination--->phone-->CFWD All to voicemail

Has anyone ever been able to get scenario 2 working?

I am asking this because when I do that, I get connected to my Unity box, get the generic Unity message and not the message prompting to leave voice mail. I suspect that this is because the original called number is that of the hunt pilot and not that of the call forward destination. I other words, once the call hits unity, it has no way of identifying the voicemail extenbsion

s

Hi:

According to the scenario you are getting this is working as designed because when the call is forwarded to unity, the hunt pilot number is the one that is being forwarded not the phone extension.

If you want to route the call to an specific voicemail box, you can put a voicemail port in your huntgroup at the end of your hunt group members and in unity you have 2 choices:

1- Create an alternate extension to that voicemail box (This will be the hunt pilot number)

2- Create a rule based on forwarded number (Using the call viewer tool)

Pls rate if this helps.

Thanks mate, additional questionn remark regarding your comments.

1- I dont think alternate extensions will work, MWI will not be activated on the primary extension, unless I can somehow set Unity up to broadcast MWI notifications to multiple atlternate extensions.

2-How do I set up such a rule based forwarded number?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: