Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Help

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Having an issue with some call flow.   I have a series of call handlers where in the last handler on the tree the caller has the option to pres 1 for (A) dept and 2 for (B) dept.

If either is selected, lets say Dept A for instance. The call needs to ring extension 11111 , if busy or no answer, ring extension 22222, if no answer the call needs to flow to the extensions 11111 voicemail. 

I thought if I created a hunt pilot where the line group consists of both extensions.  I have the distribution algorithm set to Top Down and the Hunt Options set to Try Next Member Do Not Go To Next Group. 

This works perfect up until when ext 22222 does not answer the call drops.  I thought by enter *11111 in the destination field for the forward Hunt No Answer and Busy lines then it would direct the call to that person voicemail.. 

Any Idea where my mistakes are?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

does the CSS assigned to call forward on the hunt pilot have access to the *XXXX device I.e. cti rp?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi and thank you for your response.  I believe so. 

The CSS assigned to call forward on the hunt pilot is ABCD CSS

I have a CTI RP called Transfer2VM with line (1) setup as *XXXXX in the "All Phones" partition.

The CSS assigned above has the "All Phones" partition assigned to it.

Right when a call hit's the line group, rings the phone and no answer, it goes to the cisco unity messaging system greeting and not the voice mail greeting of the extension *11111.

you sre gettimg  msin gretting bcoz in unity it is searching for hunt pilot number voicemail.

add hunt pilot number as an alternate extension and it should work!!

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Thank you,

That does solve the issue but created another one.  When I enter a destination field extension, the call will ring the first phone but if not answered, go directly to the destination field extension.  I have two extension in the line group, so referencing example above, if x11111 is busy or does not answer, the call should ring x22222. if no answer or busy, go to x11111 voicemail.

The fix mentioned by Vipul worked for the voicemail part but the call no longer rings x22222.  Any idea why????

Use Vipul's option of adding a VM DN as an Alternate extension, but, instead of using the real 11111 number, create a THIRD SEPARATE internal DN for the VM and add it as a THIRD DN under your line group for your hunt pilot.  Then, if you add this THIRD DN and the THIRD number in your algorithm, it should behave as you described above:  ring 11111, RNA goes to 22222, then RNA goes to your THIRD VM DN.

Closer - I created a DN (x33333) and set it to CFA to voicemail (check box).  I then added that extension as an alternate extension under x11111 unity account.  When I dial x33333 it goes directly to x11111 vm greeting which is perfect.  When I tested, the call called x11111, RNA then x22222, RNA then the call dropped. 

Did you add the x33333 as a 3rd number in your line group?

I did.  wish I hadn't 

You may have to eliminate the Hunt Pilot config and just configure this between the CFB / CFNA settings between the 2 phones themselves, and, on the 2nd phone, just CFB / CFNA to your VM-only DN.  I would try just deleting all this setup and go that route.  Its likely the HUnt Pilot Algorithms that are taking precedence here and causing your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: