Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hunt pilot not working as I'd expected - is there another way? CUCM 8.6

Currently, configuration is in place such that when an external caller dials the main number (DN) xxxxx6000 (not assigned to any phones), this is forwarded to DN 6001 which is assigned to a physical phone and is one phone only. This is not very good, as if 6001 is on the phone already, the caller is diverted to the voice mail.

My idea is to use a hunt pilot to create a hunt from 6001 to another extension 6622 which is forwarded to Cisco Unity IVR (press 1 for this, press 2 for that...). However, when I implemented this, I found that 6001 rang as expected, but a new call received a busy tone. If the new call rang out, it then received a busy tone. I suspect that because the 6622 DN has call forward all to Unity IVR that CUCM skipped this extension in the hunt process.

Here is the steps I followed to implement:

1) created a line group with 6001 and 6622 extensions for a top down order. 6001 is first, if no answer or busy 6622 IVR is to take the call

2) created a hunt list with the single line group above

3) Deleted DN 6000 and created the hunt pilot for 6000 and added the hunt list.

I then tried this with only 6622 in the line group and every call received a busy tone.

How can I force CUCM to hunt to 6622 regardless?

The purpose of 6622 is to answer the call in all situations other than if a real person answers 6001. How do people get hunting to IVR systems?

8 REPLIES

Hunt pilot not working as I'd expected - is there another way? C

You're correct in that if a DN is forwarded, CUCM will treat the DN as busy and not hunt on it.

In the Hunt Pilot configuration, use the "Forward Hunt No Answer" & "Forward Hunt Busy" options instead.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Gorgon,

Thanks for this. I see these options and entered the DN in there. However that too didn't allow the call the roll over to the IVR.

IS there any kind of other special configuration required to allow CUCM to forward to Unity IVR?

Thanks,

No. Providing your DN & CSS are correct, it should "just work".

I don't use Unity, but one thing to check is what number Unity looking at: The original called number (6000) or the diverted to number (6622) ?

GTG

Thanks, I'll take another look at it for those points you mentioned. Cheers

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Tony,

I'll just add a note to the great tips from Gordon here (+5 "G-Man!)

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) ***Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

If the call goes unanswered or all member phones are logged out, then the Forwards should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level and set to go to the Unity Pilot #;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

The other thing that Gordon correctly noted is that you need to keep in mind what number Unity or Unity Connection will see as the CLID on these re-routed calls. It's most likely that the number that is passed through will be 6000 so that's where the AA should be set

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks all! Very helpful info for me here.

In that case when the call is forwarded due to there not being a DN in the hunt list available to take the call, how do I make the called number that of the IVR so that it picks up rather than the original called number of 6000?

Thanks again!

The easiest way is just to change the DN the IVR is running on. Again, I don't use Unity, but this should be trivial.

Otherwise, you'll have to start looking at using a translation pattern (with careful setup of Partitions & CSSs to make sure you translate the DN post Hunt Group, rather than pre.)

GTG

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Tony,

In addition to the great tips from Gordon (+5) you could also create a Forwarded Routing Rule

in Unity Connection that routes calls that have forwarded via 6000 to go to the IVR @ 6622.

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Views
Helpful
Replies