Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot to System Call Handler

pstojanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with a Hunt Pilot that I use for my receptionists. The idea is that if the receptionists are logged into the Hunt Pilot all calls go directly to them. If they are not logged in the Hunt Pilot then does CNFA and CFB -> to the System Call Handler. The problem is, whenever the receptionists are Logged out the calls are going to the Hunt Pilot's Voicemail Line instead of the System Call Handler. Below is an example using some numbers

HP: 1401

LG: Members 1402, 03

HP: CFNA / CFB - 1475

System Handler - 1475

When Members are Logged Out

HP: 1401 -> 1475 -> System Handler with Options to Reach the Dial by ext directory, etc.

Any ideas why I'm running into this?

9 Replies 9

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

You usually get the default greeting if the system is passing the call into VM from an extension number that VM does not recognise.

I assume you are using Unity Connection for your VM?

Matty

Hey Matty,

We are using Unity Connection.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Just to add a note to the good info from Matty (+5 "M")

This would have to be set up with no VM configured for the Hunt Pilot 1401.

As long as it exists, when ever a call forwards via the HP 1401, Unity or Unity Connection

will always route to the VM configured on that number.

Cheers!

Rob

Generally speaking, the Huffmeister is correct (+5 Super H.) Out of curiosity, what precipitates the receptionists both being logged out of the hunt group? Is it a time of day thing? Such as they drop off for lunch or go home for the day? If you find that you need to keep the Hunt Pilot VM box and you can "forecast" (i.e. schedule) when the receptionists are off line, then you could assign a schedule to the Hunt Pilot that falls through to a call handler during certain hours.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

The reason we use the Hunt Group is for when the Receptionist goes home for the night or is off for lunch she logs out. The idea here is that when she is logged out users with hit the Auto Attendant, if they do press 0 after hours, they will then go to the receptionists Voicemail.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Mr.Bill,

Excellent point buddy +5

It's funny when you mentioned schedules that I never go that route. Over the years

I've tried with users/groups and they inevitably opt out after the first few weeks when

they realize they can't control things by logging in/out.

The reasons they use for not wanting to go with a schedule;

- "what happens when there is an emergency and we have to leave our desks?"

Translation;

"they are serving sandwiches over in Finance"

Cheers!

Huff

Oh, I agree with you. When we bring up schedules, there is an initial interest and then it flops once people come to terms with the dynamic nature of their environment or the fact that people are allergic to accountability, or both.

I just brought up the option in the uncommon case that it applied.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Bill,

You nailed it my friend!

"the fact that people are allergic to accountability" - and they would rather go for sandwiches in Finance

For people that really do want a viable work related option, your idea is spot on (+5)

Cheers!

Huff

Love the banter chaps!

Paul,

So are you saying it works as expected when users are logged in and you get CFNA/CFB?

However when users are logged out it does not?

Matty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: