cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot With Call Pickup

Steven Stuart
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main line number of 3600 which is configured as a hunt pilot. I then have 4 phones set to broadcast to all phones when the main line rings. I have configured call pickup group for all 4 phones and assigned the phone line into the call pickup group. When you dial from an internal extension to one of the 4 phones in the pickup group, none of the other 3 phones are able to pickup the call. I want to be able to use call pickup if someone also calls the extension from outside the office like if you called one of the numbers directly I want to be able to answer that call using call pickup from any of the four phones.

ext 3601

ext 3603

ext 3610

ext 3615

When I use ext 3646 and I call 3601 I am unable to do a a call pickup from any of the 3 other phones. The phones state there is no call to pickup. Am I missing something here? The phones are all in the same partitions, like PT_Internal are the same on all phones. They are all in the same device pool DP_Internal. All the phones have the correct calling search spaces and I can call between all phones. Any ideas would be great appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

Maybe you are hitting this bug;

CSCtl86234 - Call pickup groups stop working CUCM 8.x

Description

Symptom:

Customer running cucm 8.0.3.21900-8, & has just one server in his cluster, he has reported that pick-up groups have stopped working, restarting the cucm service does fix this issue but on a temporary basis, they are facing his issue ever since they installed this server, they have about 10 pickup groups with couple of users in each pickup group. Customer also upgraded to 8.5.1.10000-26, but was still facing this issue.

Conditions:

The Pick-up group  stops working as calls are stuck in the pick-up table

Workaround:

This Problem occurs because Maximum Hunt Timer and RNA reversion timer fires at the same time.

To fix it we have added a new variable where we store the current state in star_CcOrphanPauseReq and make a transition to this state once CcOrphanResumeReq is resumed.So that whatever be the state at pause state, on resume it starts from that state only.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Nov 16,2011

Fixed-in:                          (16)

9.0(0.96000.16), 8.6(1.98000.43), 8.6(1.96000.16)

8.6(1.95050.1), 8.6(1.95020.80), 8.6(1.95020.1)

8.6(1.10001.1), 8.6(1.10000.43), 8.6(1.10000.1)

8.6(0.99981.2), 8.6(0.98000.3), 8.6(0.98000.2)

8.6(0.95180.9), 8.5(1.12008.3), 8.0(3.23900.3)

8.0(3.23043.1)

Less

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications System

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Customer Reported:                          (3)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hi Steven.

Is the call pickup group number in the same partition of IP Phones or in a partition which IP Phones extensions can reach?

Try to check.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo, Yes the phones are all in the same partition and all phones can call each other. I even removed a phone from the hunt pilot for testing. When I ring the phone from another internal phone and try to pickup the call from a phone in the same call pickup group I can see the arrow but when I press the call pickup button it says there is no call to pickup. I am not sure why this is happening.

Hi Steven.

What i asked you was if call pickup group number is in the same partition of ip phone extension.

Try to check in call pickup group configuration page.

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Yes the call pickup group number is in the same partition as the phone extensions.

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Steven

Common one this; hunt pilots don't belong to pickup groups by default and out of the box you can't even configure it.

However, there is a workaround.

Go to system -> Enterprise parameters

Scroll down to "Cisco Support Use 1" and enter CSCsb42763

Save your change.

Now go back to your hunt pilot.

You should find that there is now assign the HP to a Call PIckup Group

HTH. Barry

Hi Barry, The situation you are refering to does not apply as I am running version 8.0 for the call manager. Under the hunt pilot forward no answer there is a drop down box that allows you to define a call pickup group. I can see the call with the arrow on another phone and it shows --> name of the calling person but when you try to press the pickup button it states that there is no call to pickup.

Hi Barry.

5 STAR.

We're using CCM 5.1 and it solved the problem.

After applying code,drop down menu appears for Hunt Pilot Settings.

Thanks a lot.

Steven,

looking at this the issue is just to do with pickup groups.

What partition did you put the pickup group in ?

Can the CSS of the phone/lines access this partition

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi acampbell, The partition is the same as for the phones. PT_Internal and the phones are in PT_Internal as well. Yes the CSS of the phone lines can access this partition.

Hi

Here's a quick shot in the dark for you... try setting the partition of the pickup group to

I recall there was a bug a couple of versions ago where it wouldn't work if the CPG was in any partition. Not sure what version it was, but then I don't know what version you have either :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, That was one of the first things I had tried and it still didn't work. I am running call manager version 8.0.3.20000-2. Is there a related service I can restart to make this work? I am not sure which service is causing this issue to happen? I think something in the software went wrong and now it doesn't work. This used to work at one time and nothing has changed when it stopped working.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

Maybe you are hitting this bug;

CSCtl86234 - Call pickup groups stop working CUCM 8.x

Description

Symptom:

Customer running cucm 8.0.3.21900-8, & has just one server in his cluster, he has reported that pick-up groups have stopped working, restarting the cucm service does fix this issue but on a temporary basis, they are facing his issue ever since they installed this server, they have about 10 pickup groups with couple of users in each pickup group. Customer also upgraded to 8.5.1.10000-26, but was still facing this issue.

Conditions:

The Pick-up group  stops working as calls are stuck in the pick-up table

Workaround:

This Problem occurs because Maximum Hunt Timer and RNA reversion timer fires at the same time.

To fix it we have added a new variable where we store the current state in star_CcOrphanPauseReq and make a transition to this state once CcOrphanResumeReq is resumed.So that whatever be the state at pause state, on resume it starts from that state only.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Nov 16,2011

Fixed-in:                          (16)

9.0(0.96000.16), 8.6(1.98000.43), 8.6(1.96000.16)

8.6(1.95050.1), 8.6(1.95020.80), 8.6(1.95020.1)

8.6(1.10001.1), 8.6(1.10000.43), 8.6(1.10000.1)

8.6(0.99981.2), 8.6(0.98000.3), 8.6(0.98000.2)

8.6(0.95180.9), 8.5(1.12008.3), 8.0(3.23900.3)

8.0(3.23043.1)

Less

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications System

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Customer Reported:                          (3)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, Thanks for that information. When I google the CSCtl86234 it comes up with Active directory. I will test this out and let you know if it resolves the issue. Thanks

Hi Rob, The instructions of resolving thsi issue are very vague. I contacted Cisco TAC and we restarted the CM service for both the publisher and subscriber which fixed the issue. If that wouldn't have fixed the issue the other workaround is to delete the call pickup group. If that fails to work a patch upgrade to fix the bug is the only fix for this according to TAC. Thanks for leading me into the right direction though it was greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: