Views
Helpful
Replies

HuntGroup Member CallForward

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way that a phone user can manually do call forward all for a DN in a Hunt Group?

The situation is that the group leader wants to redirect calls to a certain number after hours and in holidays, and at any time he needs.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The two ideas that come to mind:

1) Give the user limited access to /ccmadmin. You can create groups to limit him/her to the hunt group/list/pilot pages. You cannot limit what hunt groups they can modify though.

2) Have another directory number/line button on the supervisor's phone. Let them decide whether to CFA to the hunt pilot, or to another destination. The real hunt pilot DN would only be known by the supervisor. As far as everyone else knows, the hunt group's DN is actually the extra line on his phone.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the advice.

The first option needs a PC to browse the CUCM. The user prefers to play with the buttons on the phone.

The second option is good for most of my groups. In a few groups the 7940 phones have both buttons in use. I will have them use a browser.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Jonathan,

How can I access the CFwdALL softkey for the second line? When I press the second line and then the CFwdALL key, it says 'This key is not active here.' Do I have to access it from CUCM web interface?

Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Larry,

What version of CUCM are you running?

Rob

Hi Rob,

System version: 6.1.2.1000-13.

Thanks.

Hi Larry,

CUCM will work this way :) I like Jonathan's trick with "front ending" the user hunt with a number that is the "actual" Hunt number that can be manipulated via the CFWDALL on another phone (good thinking!)

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

If the call goes unanswered or all member phones are logged out, then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: