cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Huntgroup member forwarding all to VM

nrichie
Level 1
Level 1

We have a basic hunt group setup for incoming calls that rings top down to 4 users. When user #1 goest to lunch, she sets her extension to forward all to VM. However, we noticed that the extension is still ringing when a call comes in. We are wanting it to bypass her and ring the next user. We are on 5.1.1.

Thoughts?

4 Replies 4

2smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Have you tried the hunt logout (HLog) soft key in a new softkey template?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nathan,

Sadly this is working as expected :(

Have a look at the following which describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

This has been addressed in CCM 4.2 and CCM 6.0 with the Login/Logout of Hunt Groups feature. Have a look;

Log Out of Hunt Groups

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature allows phone users to log their phones out from receiving calls that get routed to directory numbers that belong to line groups to which the phone lines are associated. Regardless of the phone status, the phone rings normally for incoming calls that are not calls to the line group(s) that are associated with the phone. The phone provides a visual status of the login state, so the user can determine by looking at the phone whether they are logged in to their line group(s).

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature also comprises the following components:

The HLog softkey allows a phone user to log a phone out of all line groups to which the phone directory numbers belong. Configure the HLog softkey in the Softkey Layout Configuration window. When the user presses the HLog softkey, the phone screen displays "Logged out of Hunt Group." When the user presses the HLog softkey again to log back in and receive hunt group calls, the "Logged out of Hunt Group" notification on the phone screen clears.

The Hunt Group Logoff Notification service parameter in the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section of the Service Parameters Configuration window for the Cisco CallManager service must be configured to enable this feature.

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature, which is device-based, operates differently for non-shared lines and for shared lines.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2440103

Hope this helps a little!

Rob

Hi Rob,

That explains a lot! Thanks for your response.

Since this is a new install and upgrading is really not feasible for this one issue, could I work around this by setting up an AC pilot? The only issue I see with that is that the client does not want users 2, 3, & 4 to have the option of logging out. I was considering setting up an AC pilot and assoicating it with user 1. Then setting up the pilot to roll to a hunt pilot, which contains users 2, 3, & 4, if she is unavailable. I am going to research this more but wanted your opinion.

Thanks again,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

That sounds like a pretty cool workaround :) I think that before I went that route I would just play with moving User 1 to the fourth position in the Line Group Priority and tweak the RNA Reversion timer (to a fairly short duration);

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

And then move user # 1 to the 4th position/member of the Line Group;

To change the priority of a directory number, choose a directory number in the Selected DN/Route Partition list box. Move the directory number up or down in the list by clicking the arrows on the right side of the list box.

To reverse the priority order of the directory numbers in the Selected DN/Route Partition list box, click Reverse Order of Selected DNs.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed665.html#wp1027362

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: