cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunting for remote cell phone users Cisco UCM 7.1

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

Background - we have a many pilots around the country.  I initially had a request that an Oncall Pilot be reachable at a specific DN and the forwarding from this DN would need to be changable by end users.  I associated a DN with a CTI Route Point and then CCMUSER GUI was perfect.  A pilot could login and change the forwarding to whatever cell phone they wanted implemented no problem.  Yahoo.  But then they wanted another permutation.  They wanted it so that they could have four pilots be reachable in succession.  So if Oncall Pilot A does not answer, ring Oncall Pilot B, and if not him Oncall Pilot C.  B and C would likewise need to be changable.  I suppose I could just create three DNs each associated with a CTI RP and a DN then forward one to the next.  I can't use a hunt group because CTI Route Points and Hunt Groups appear not to mix.  Might there be a better way to approach this?  Thank you.

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

have you tried using hunt pilots with various Line groups in the Hunt List?  in stead of CTI Routepoints?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Configure SNR for them and use their DNs in the line group

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If I use SNR (aka Mobility right) - would that need to be configured in conjunction with a physical phone? 

It seems that when I tested hunt lines/groups with physical phones that the forwarding did not work as hoped.  Should I be able to have line group member phones all forwarding calls to their respective cell phones when a call hits the pilot number?

No, thats WAD, any call forward behavior is ignored if the call comes from a hunt pilot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Call forward All settings on a line, will not be respected when this line is "dialed" through a LG/Hunt Pilot.

mobility is your answer (most likely)  I will lab it later on an let you know.

or you can play with it yourself  (device-->remote destination profile , and enable mobility on a user level).

Thanks much.  Would love to know if I can enable mobility without a phone registered.  But still interested if it only works with registered phones,  they would just be sad and lonely never answered phones.  :-)

I ran a few tests...

-Can I edit the Remote Destination with the CCM User GUI.  YES

-If I shut/unregister my physical phone (7965G) will the SNR/Mobility work to ring my cell?  YES

-If I join my phone's line to a hunt group/list/pilot and the 7965G phone is not registered to CUCM will

the call ring through to my cell phone.  YES

So I guess the next thing is to see if I can set up the Remote Destinations and associate them with a non-physical phone and still get YES to all of the above tests. 

Test: I added a phone copying a CIPC phone naming it randomly and associated it with a DN and associated this device with a user.  Then I added a Remote Destination Profile and Remote Destination to the End User Configuration. 

Result: FAIL 

The call is just going to voice mail.  Maybe I'm just missing a step.  Any advice appreciated.