Views
Helpful
Replies

I am unable to login to Cisco Jabber

techToddler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends

I have two clusters and I am able to login to one without issues. When I do the same config in a different cluster its says cannot communicate to the server.

What should be checked on my client or the server to make this work?

Regards

Sanjay.

3 Replies 3

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Is there a chance that there is ILS running between the two clusters? And if that's the case, verify that this specific user isn't checked with "Home Cluster" in both clusters, check it only where this user actually resides.

Thanks. I checked that. ILS is in place but i am not seeing the data replicated for those. 

Do you know how to change SRV record to point to that cluster apart from doing in the DNS server, like local dns in the system or something like that. Or could you please suggest me how to register this to a different cluster. 

When I try to login having everything moved to that cluster it says the same error. Should I have to wait for the LDAP sync or ?

Regards

Sanjay.

You will have to make the changes on the DNS server for SRV record or you can try to add entry on Hosts file on windows to point the DNS to another cluster IP address.

if you want to manually register to the new cluster you can Reset the Jabber and Manually enter the CUCM/Presence Server IP address but again if the other cluster is configured with Hostname, you will have to add those entries on your Host File or on your DNS server to resolve those to IP address.