cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't hang out Cisco IP phone 7961

deadlock2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi supporters, when I start calling from my Cisco IP phone to a dialog phone, I try to hang out to stop the call but I can't. I was press end call but dialog phone still ring, it's none stop. My Cisco IP phone's firmware is SCCP and my account registering on ISP is SIP account. I don't know why I can't hang out when calling to a dialog phone while I can hang out from Cisco IP phone and Cisco IP phone in LAN.

I don't know why I can hang out? What should I do to hangout when I press "end call". Let me know if you want anything else. Please help me resolve this problem, thank you very much!

----------------------

My problem has been resolved, thank supporter

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can check "debug ccsip message" with "term mon" when making a call.

You see that when you hang up, CME sends CANCEL, or BYE.

Then if the called phone stil rings, that is a problem with your SIP provider, and you cannot do nothing about it.

View solution in original post

Cisco phone to cisco phones working properly, is because they use the same protocol; SCCP.  when making an external call, you are using both SCCP and SIP signalling, your problem will most likely be with the SIP signalling between you and your provider. I am guessing it has to do with SIP early offer.

send us full config and debug ccsip, when making a test call

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is a 'dialog phone' ?

Hi, example my Cisco IP phone called "A" (inbound), calling to another phone called "B" (outbound).

When I press "End call" from A to hang out, B not end call, it's still ringing. I don't know why that? My Cisco IP phone use firmware SCCP 8.3 and use VoIP service of ISP ( internet service provider ) via a SIP account. I was create a number in Cisco IP phone and configure something to call outbound. But I can't hang out when I calling? I hope you can resolve my problem, thank for your answer!

You can check "debug ccsip message" with "term mon" when making a call.

You see that when you hang up, CME sends CANCEL, or BYE.

Then if the called phone stil rings, that is a problem with your SIP provider, and you cannot do nothing about it.

Cisco phone to cisco phones working properly, is because they use the same protocol; SCCP.  when making an external call, you are using both SCCP and SIP signalling, your problem will most likely be with the SIP signalling between you and your provider. I am guessing it has to do with SIP early offer.

send us full config and debug ccsip, when making a test call

As mentioned above, when you hang up CME sends SIP CANCEL, so the problem is with your SIP provider, complain to them, you cannot do anything about it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: