Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

I NEED SOME GURUS HERE

Im stuck with this problem, so can please someone help me.

I have problem with the Dialplan.

Lets say someone in the Company has an Extention 1234, when you call the full number from PSTN: "00 333-8899-1234" you get unavailable, which is working exactly as we want.

The problem is when you dial "00 333-8899-11234" using two 1 1, it rings on this phone. Which is Bad. We dont want people to be reached from PSTN.

Could please someone tell me, how can this happen?

Im using H323 Gateway. the Gateway is configured for inbound call "Significant Digits"= ALL, so the Gateway passes all digits to the Callmanager. Only those Extention which are configured in Translation Pattern can get Calls from PSTN.

What do the Callmanager do when he gets all Digits from the Gateway? And how can i resolve this issue?

Thank you

Jay

11 REPLIES

Re: I NEED SOME GURUS HERE

Jayd,

Can you post a screenshot of your translation pattern that translate 13 digits to 4 digits ?

Jay, wouldn't be easier to remove the partition of those phones (the ones that won't be receiving calls from the PSTN) from the CSS of the GW?

If you need the TP you can upload the TP screenshot as Sankar says and also upload a CCM detailed trace with the callmanager service parameter 'Digit Analysis Complexity' set to TranslationAndAlternatePatternAnalysis

to see exactly what is going on.

Thank you Guys, here is a screenshot of one of my translation pattern.

Another thing i just noticed: Even those who should be reached from PSTN (Management..etc) when you dial the full number with double 1 you get through and it rings...i just dunno why.

Jay, wouldn't be easier to remove the partition of those phones (the ones that won't be receiving calls from the PSTN) from the CSS of the GW?

@jbarcena:

If i have all DNs in Partition: IP-PT.

And the those DNs who need to be reached from PSTN also in the same Partition (IP-PT). In the translation Pattern of thos DNs i have another Partiton: tran-PT.

on the GW CSS i have both: IP-PT and Trans-PT included.

Do i just need to delete IP-PT from GW CSS to block all incoming calls (from PSTN only) to those DNs except those who are in the translation pattern`???

Do i need to restart any service or check something else when deleting that partition from the GW CSS?? we have a lot of hotlines and i dont want to mess things.

thank you

To avoid other problems I recommend you to create a new partiton, perhaps IP-PT2, assign this new PT to the phones that will not be receiving incoming calls from the PSTN, then assign this IP-PT2 to all the CSS that needs to call these phones, except of course to the CSS of the GW.

Wow, deleting the partition from GW would be a lot easier. What would be the worst case if i just deleted the partition from the GW? what could happen, im gonna do it tomorrow.

Well, at this moment since all your IP Phones are at IP-PT, nobody will be receiving incoming calls from the PSTN

1- But those who are on the translation pattern (CTI-RP, DNs of managers..etc) will still receive as their pattern is included in GW CSS??

2- if something wrong happened after i deleted the pattern. and then i undone it and include it back to the GW CSS, will i need to restart any service or reset device pool something like that?

anyone?

Yes, if the CSS of the GW can reach the TP and the CSS of the TP can reach the Phone the call will be completed.

You do not need to reset anything to take the changes on the CSS.

Thanks Man.

I tested it with 5 Ip-Phones and it worked fine. The problem im facing is that we Have IPCC Enterprise, so when i dial a CTI-RPoint the Call dont get through to the IP-Phone(DN). The CSS of the CTI does include the Partition of all 5 IP-Phones and DNs. When i made a Call the status of the Agent change from Ready to Reserved(and stuck in this status).

appreciate any help

Views
Helpful
Replies