Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

I prepare a Debug for CUCM, But nothing told me about "Codec Mismatch"

Hi all,

I just set up a RTMT -->  Real Time Trace about a Device (from a 100 devices), that had problems with our outsourcing HELP agents.

Those devices were calling the pilot to our HELP system and it establish a connection, and the other end could see the alerting name and pick up the phone, but there was no sound on both sides, and after 10 sec the call dropped.

There was H225 signaling, but h245 codec mismatch error.

At first impression I thought it was bad routing (asynchronous routing), further research told me it was codec mismatch, so I change the default CUCM region from “Use system default” to “G722, G711”, and I was able to establish communication once again.

BUT!

The RTMT trace didn’t told me anything NOR codec mismatch or cause code error.

This is the flow of the call in a nutshell.

SCCP IP Phone --> CUCM Call manager --> GK trunk --> GK --> CUBE --> VoIP Call Agent.

This is the Question

How can I configure the RTMT Trace Tool in order to see the codec mismatch on a flow call?

I did it like this,

w1.JPG

Untitled.png

Thank you so much

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: I prepare a Debug for CUCM, But nothing told me about "Codec

RTMT is not designed to do this. You will need to use debugs or CUCM traces to troubleshoot codec mismatch. Once you have set up your CUCM traces you can then use RTMT to download the traces and look at the relevant logs

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Re: I prepare a Debug for CUCM, But nothing told me about "Codec

My Friend, I used RTMT for the debug, but instead of download it, I use the Utility "Real time Trace", which is the same as download debugs but it show's you in a windows inside the RTMT.

That windows gave me 300 lines of debug for a unique call on the VoIP equipment I specified to debug. It is amazing how it tells me when I press the 9 key, but nothing about codec mismatch.

What I am asking is if the configuration I paste is the best practice for a debug a voice call from CUCM, or there is more settings or another option to see speifically when codec causes error.

and then 300 lines.

Thank you.

VIP Super Bronze

I prepare a Debug for CUCM, But nothing told me about "Codec Mis

Yes the trace settings you have looks good and that will help you to see codec negotiation in cucm..You can also use the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content