Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IAD DSP Module

Hello,

I  have an old IAD2421-8FXS and I believe that the DSP module is going bad  because calls to and from the FXS ports are coming back with broken  voice and low volume.  Does anyone know where I may find a replacement  DSP card.

Sincerely

-Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IAD DSP Module

Jeff,

The IAD-2421 is End Of Life/End Of Support as of July 2009:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps887/prod_eol_notice09186a00801e16f7.html

The DSP's aren't FRU parts anyways, IAD is a modular unit and the DSP's aren't an orderable part...even if it still had HW support.

For testing, the syntax for removing a suspect DSP from service is:

router# test dsp device 0 remove

This places the DSP in a "bad" state, then save, reset the IAD.

In this case you'd most likely want to take DSP 1 out of service, since you only have 8 FXS ports.

HTH, -Dave

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

The IAD-2421 is End Of Life/End Of Support as of July 2009:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps887/prod_eol_notice09186a00801e16f7.html

The DSP's aren't FRU parts anyways, IAD is a modular unit and the DSP's aren't an orderable part...even if it still had HW support.

For testing, the syntax for removing a suspect DSP from service is:

router# test dsp device 0 remove

This places the DSP in a "bad" state, then save, reset the IAD.

In this case you'd most likely want to take DSP 1 out of service, since you only have 8 FXS ports.

HTH, -Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did as you instructed and verified with a "show voice dsp" to ensure the DSP's were in a bad state, and it turns out that after making a test call, alternating with each DSP down, that they are both bad.  The audio was still choppy, so I am assuming that I got myself I nice new door stop.  Ha ha.   Thank you very much for the suggestions, now I know how to test these routers in the future.

Sincerely

-Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies