Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify by name incoming calls

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a doubt, my customer has ask me if is possible identify incoming calls by name instead of by number, looking for in internet I found this, my question is if anybody has doing this before, and if is possible, because i dont know how to identify the name, how to get the database of names.

isdn supp-service name calling
Facility IE    -> what is this??

At the voice service level:
voice service voip
  h323
  h225 timeout ntf <50-5000>  (we used 500 successfully)
  h225 h225 display-ie ccm-compatible

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_i2.html#wp1115928

thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ivan

I think this is impossible , and i have doubt for that i think you can ask your Teleco.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

Hi Ivan,

you can achieve that with a external database with contacts and with using a TCL app configured at particular DPs.

Then it is not needed to have the name of caller within the signalization getting from ISDN.

I can really recomend the 2Ring PHONE SERVICES which provides such solution.

If it is interesting for you, use the link: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

HTH,

Martin

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

When you receive a call on Voice Gateway, the gateway uses dial-peers to match and decide on what needs to be done with the call. dial-peers can match based on Calling or Called Party number. It does not support name match. Also, please note that providing a calling party name is not a mandatory from ISDN standards. Not all calls recieved on the Gateway have a calling party name. Therefore even trying to do a match using name could cause multiple calls to fail.

Also, the commands you have mentioned,that is for outbound calls, to be able to send name to your Telco.

Hi mkchandak

Ok thanks understood.

So the only way to receive all calls by name is contacting with service provider and ask for enable it?

In the case to get it, what will be the commands to send calls from GW to CUCM?

thanks!

Hello

I think you can use the below URL which will help you for your issue , you have to use 3rd party or script to allow your CUCM do lookups for the incoming call.

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/it/tcl--ivr-scripts

Thank you

islam.kamal wrote:

Hello

I think you can use the below URL which will help you for your issue , you have to use 3rd party or script to allow your CUCM do lookups for the incoming call.

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/it/tcl--ivr-scripts

Please note the above link is not valid anymore. The correct site is mentioned in my profile.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ivan

I think this is impossible , and i have doubt for that i think you can ask your Teleco.

Thank you

ok islam thanks for your reply.

regards.

I have caller name on pri with local carrier. Pri had to have the feature enabled at the central office.

Hi Robert

Ok!!! so it is possible, which are the commands? because i thought was these one but seems not.

isdn supp-service name calling

Facility IE isdn supp-service name calling
Facility IE

If not could you please kindly say me the commands?

Thanks!!

all I could find that seemed relevant was isdn switch-type primary-ni and

voice service voip

h225 display-ie ccm-compatible

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 2

h225 timeout ntf 1000

h225 display-ie compatible

I had to do isdn debugs to see if carrier was really sending the name, they were not and when they started sending everything worked.

I am not able to do caller name at other sites because the type of pri we use to get features will not support name delivery

Hi Ivan,

you can achieve that with a external database with contacts and with using a TCL app configured at particular DPs.

Then it is not needed to have the name of caller within the signalization getting from ISDN.

I can really recomend the 2Ring PHONE SERVICES which provides such solution.

If it is interesting for you, use the link: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

HTH,

Martin

ok Martin thank you very much for the link.

I will study that solution because it seems much better than try operator send the name, which i think here in spain is not possible to get it.

Regards!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Calling name from telco is available only in the US and Canada.

For a general solution, you can use my "number to name" script, it can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

That is what i was thinking, in spain is not possible, thanks!

I wanted to use a solution based in CLI because customer did not have a CUCX, but now has acquired one, so I can try to resolve the problem with a script.

Ok paolo i will get your script and test it, thanks!

My scripts are not for CUCX. They work directly on the voice gateway and are configured with CLI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: