Views
Helpful
Replies

iDivert to Alternate Message

spm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My users have an interesting request.  When a call comes in and they are not there to answer it the call should be forwarded to Unity voicemail as it usually is.  If they press iDivert they would like to have a different message play saying they are in the office but currently on the phone. 

Is there a way to setup iDivert to send calls to the alternate greeting in a users voice mail?  I've been trying to brainstorm some ideas on how to do this but I'm coming up blank.  We are using CUCM 8.6 and Unity Connections 8.6.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Shawn,

Ok here's what you can do.

1 - Create a Call Handler that plays the default message but doesn't take a message.

2 - Create a CTI RP and assign the Call Handler number to it and set the CFWD All to VM.

2 - Create a VM Pilot and assign the Call Handler extension to it.

3 - Create a VM Profile and name it iDivert or something.

4 - Assign the iDivert VM Profile to the phones in question and set the CFWD options for (Busy, NOAN, etc) to go to the CUC VM Pilot number (make sure you DON'T check the "VM box").

Example:

Call Handler: 1000

VM Pilot: 9999 (Used for VM)

VM Pilot: 1000 (Used for Call Handler)

VM Profile: iDivert assign VM Pilot 1000

VM Profile: Voicemail assign VM Pilot 9999

CTI RP

DN: 1000 CFWD ALL VM

VM Profile: Voicemail

Directory Number: 2000

VM Profile: iDivert

CFWD Busy: 9999 (VM Box UNCHECKED) CSS: (whichever contains the VM Ports PT)

CFWD NOAN: 9999 (VM Box UNCHECKED) CSS: (whichever contains the VM Ports PT)

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi

+5 for my friend yosh for his information.

1-Choose Device > Device Settings > Softkey Template from Call Manager administration. Click the find button and select the Standard User softkey template. Click the Copy button and Name the softkey template to iDivert Template. Click Save. Choose Configure Softkey Layout from the Related Links drop down menu and click the Go button next to the menu.

2-The Ring in call state . Investigate the softkeys available in the Unselected Softkeys section. There are many features that are not enabled in the Standard User default softkey template. Each call state can accommodate up to 16 softkeys. Choose the iDivert option from the Unselected Softkeys and click save.

3-Go to Phones which you need to enable idivert , then on phone page

on softkey phone template  select the new softkey which includes idivert

4-Reset phones .

5-Test

Thanks

Please rate all useful information