Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Illegal TFTP operation when upgrading 9951 firmware

Hi All,

I have uploaded the latest 9951 SIP firmware to CUCM and reset the TFTP service.

The new load shows in the device defaults but is not being pushed to the device (we only have a single 9951 phone).

9951.png

I have looked around and found mention that the largest files TFTP supports is 16MB - since the cop.syn was about 32MB I'm wondering if this is a problem? (I did compare the md5 with the release notes on install and it checked out)

Also the Download Server value is not that of the CUCM - can someone advise on where this "Download Server" value is set and if it needs to be adjusted.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

6 REPLIES

Have you tried bouncing the TFTP service?

Hope this would help!

Hi Amine,

thanks - I have reset the TFTP service twice already

VIP Purple

Hi Mike,

Are u using option 66 for TFTP operation since I found the bug CSCtx90826 "the loading of image fail of 99xx phones in option66 case" which is still being worked out.

Just a thought: which could be the problem.Can u change it to option 150

regds,

aman

Re: Illegal TFTP operation when upgrading 9951 firmware

Hi Aman,

thanks for that unfortunately I don't have access to the DHCP server to find this out immediately - will ask in working hours though.

The bug reference does not give any details due to propietary info being on it - does the CUCM version make a difference?

VIP Purple

Re: Illegal TFTP operation when upgrading 9951 firmware

Hi Mike,

I do not think so if CUCM version would make any difference.What is the Call manager version u are using?

Let us wait if somebody else has faced the similar problem and could reply.

regds,

aman

VIP Super Bronze

The download server is one of three possibilities:

• the Option 150/66 provided by DHCP. This seems unlikely since the phone shows registered though.
  • a LOADS Server (an option on the device configuration page)
  • a manually defined alternate TFTP server on the phone.

Also, the 8900/9900 series phones download firmware over HTTP on port 6970, not the legacy TFTP port 66 so size isn't an issue. Even for traditional TFTP there is an "extended mode" assuming both the client and server support it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください