Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ILO configuration on MCS 7845H2 server

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade Callmanager on MCS 7845H2 remotely. This is in a production environment. I am not able to find the ILO IP address configured on this server.
Is there a way to identify the ILO IP remotely or by logging into the console?

If not, please let me know if there is any document which can guide to re-configure the ILO for this server. Is there any configuration required on MCS server like assignemt of IP address etc?

Regards,
Karthik

• IP Telephony
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUCM GUI or CLI do not show

CUCM GUI or CLI do not show anything regarding the ILO config of the server, you would need to refer to HP guides in order to find out how to change your current config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Issue is resolved.I tried to

Issue is resolved.

I tried to check via BIOS boot screen on the server. The option to configure ILO was not showing up. Raised a case with HP. Vendor changed the system board and configured new ILO on the server.

The only way to configure iLO

The only way to configure iLO (If you don't know any of the details) is via the BIOS boot screen on the server.

If the iLO is unconfigured, then it's probably set to DHCP, and the default username & password will be on a label on the front of the server.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

That is easy,  -physically

That is easy, 

-physically check waht switch port the iLO ethernet if. is connected to.

-check the cam-table on the switch to find whcih MAC the iLO NIC it has

-check the arp table on your L3 device for that MAC address.

get your password and user ID and log in.

If you find no IP address, than it is most likely not configured,.

Thanks

============================= Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. =============================
VIP Gold

You can access the server

You can access the server using ILO port using http://ILO<Serial#OfBox>

For example serial id for server is XXYYO1234567, then use http://ILOXXYYO1234567

Suresh

Views
Helpful
Replies