cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM only Presence

ambi
Level 1
Level 1

Can i have an independent presence deployment to be used for only IM session without the need for any CUCM?

Do we have any guides / references for the same

Ambi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The CUP cannot sync directly to LDAP for its user Database.  The LDAP server in CUP is used for searching for contacts in CUPC.  The user database still needs to be pulled from CUCM.  The CUCM itself can sync its user database from LDAP.

Yes you still need License for the users (DLU) on the CUCM side.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Configuring Cisco Unified Presence for an IM-Only Deployment:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgnIMonly.html

CUCM is still required, however.

HTH

Thanks

i was thinking we can integrate the presence server directly with LDAP for user database

Does it mean that i will have to account for CUPC license ( CUWL, DLU)  for each IM user ??

Ambi

Anonymous
Not applicable

The CUP cannot sync directly to LDAP for its user Database.  The LDAP server in CUP is used for searching for contacts in CUPC.  The user database still needs to be pulled from CUCM.  The CUCM itself can sync its user database from LDAP.

Yes you still need License for the users (DLU) on the CUCM side.

Thanks for the clarification

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: