IMP Subscriber installation fail - reason "cannot validate IMP PUB"

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We have CUCM Pub & Sub version 11.0

I have installed IMP-PUB ver 11.0

While installing IMP-SUB, i am getting error, "IMP PUB validation failed"

I have tried couple of times re-installation, there is no network connectivity issue.

Cluster is in same switch and same IP subnet.

At this moment DNS is not reachable because of installation at isolated network.

Is DNS is mandatory for IMP-Sub installation ?

IMP-PUB installation went well, why only IMP Sub is failing multiple times.

Any suggestion ?

11 Replies 11

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rajesh,

DNS is not mandatory.

Did u add Second IMP node in CUCM under Server Type [CUCM IM and Presence] ?

IS NTP reachable from the site  where second IMP is being installed?

regds,

aman

Hi

Under CUCM server, there are 4 servers added using IP address

two are CUCM Pub & Sub

reaming two are IMP Pub and Sub

NTP reachable, both CUCM & IP Pub sync with NTP (i could see from CLI)

but IMP Sub installation failed three times with error. Strange.

Here i have attached the error screenshot

pls. suggest.

Hi Rajesh,

I have come across this error when IMP second node installation started while IMP First node is being installed but in your case , it is already installed.

I came across the bug which is for version 9 . Can u set permissive mode by using command

utils os secure permissive in IMP First node and check?

installation failures when trying to install subscriber server for IM&P
CSCul84882

Description
Symptom:
Subscriber install fails.

Conditions:
Following is seen in logs:
10/15/2013 17:18:57 component_install|(CAPTURE) Tue Oct 15 17:18:52 2013 dbllib.getDataFromPub DEBUG: <fault "dbllib.syserror:'error="" executing="" [="" home="" sftpuser="" sftp_connect.sh="" -b="" usr="" local="" cm="" db="" sftp_batch="" sftpuser@z2t3gbglvlc19]="" returned="" [65280]'"="">|<:DEBUG>

Workaround:
Not guaranteed to work: Attempt reinstall.

updated: Set the IMP Publisher node to permissive mode temporarily during Subscriber upgrade, has be seen to resolve this issue.

Further Problem Description:
The SSH client installed with IM&P that handles SFTP requests can periodically interfere with the system resulting in failed transfers. During install time, this causes the upgrades to fail on subscriber nodes due to not being able to obtain information from the publisher to populate the database initially. The fix provided by CSCtz00665 was to revert back to the prior version of the SSH client that did not experience this issue.

Hi

I have deleted and reinstalled the IM&P Publisher

But while installing IMP-Sub same error.

Everything seems t be alright, middle of IMP sub installation, throws irrelevant error.

No other choice, opening TAC case. Literally fed-up with Cisco. Cisco tried its level best to make simple tasks as complicated as possible...!!!

Some of the bug issues looks so silly, like installation fails...!!! it shows how hard working Cisco Software team. I will update once getting response from Cisco TAC.

Hi All

Problem is resolved.

This is unresolved bug issue. Cisco BU is still working on it.

it is open caveat.

Issue is: only for IMP-Subscriber version 11.0.1, if DNS is not reachable installation fails.

Workaround: Disable DNS while installation and enable DNS once installation complete.

This issue doesn't applicable for CUCM, Unity Sub or  version below 10.5. Only applicable for IMP-Sub ver 11.0 installation.

Thanks Rajesh for posting this here..good to know such things.

Suresh

[+5] for updates.

It seems the bug is still not listed on Cisco site.

regds,

aman

Thought I'd chime in as I just ran into this today. It's still not corrected as of version 11.5.1.12900-25. Thank you for posting the resolution.

whats the workaround, I'm having the same issue

Thanks

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you just using IPs when adding this nodes to CUCM and during the install wizard??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi!

I have the same problem. I trying install IMP 11.5 as subscriber to CUCM 11.5. Install failed on Connectivity.

Are you just using IPs when adding this nodes to CUCM and during the install wizard IMP (hostname)?

Kamil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: