Views
Helpful
Replies

Import messages from CUCM to CUC

arlitgrp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We just upgrade from CUCM 7.02 to CUC 8.6 and for my surprise CUC didn't recognized the existing old messages from CUCM on the exchange 2010 environment.

Cisco partner suggested us to use Cobras toll to import the messages but this procedure duplicates all messages. Even keeping the read and unread status all users will get on their outlook all messages again on the exact time Cobras run on their mailbox.

Does  anyone know how to migrate from CUCM 7.02 to CUC 8.6 totally transparent to users. Is there a way to re-edit the messages some how to make it readable by CUC 8.6

Dante

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM is a call processing agent, not a voice mail server, it has not relation whatsoever to COBRAS.

Are you sure you're asking about the right products???

Is it really CUCM you're asking??? or is it just CUC upgrade???

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

arlitgrp
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, where I wrote CUCM please read Cisco Unity 7.0

OK, so, before CUC 8.5 there was no SIB which I assume you're using.

And even on 8.5, messages that are already on Exchange are not going to be synched to CUC if you configure SIB.

That only works for new messages that go thru CUC.

If you want to get those into CUC after the migration, there's only one way: COBRAS.

Unity used Exchange or Domino as message store, CUC has the message store built-into the linux system.

If you're using SIB and don't want to duplicate them, disable it before the COBRAS restore and then enable it again.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate