Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

# in Destination Pattern

I am trying to give access to users on an Avaya PBX linked over a PRI trunk to my system speed dials on CallManager. The system speed dials in CCM are #XXXX. I am providing dialtone to the Avaya, so they go off hook, get dialtone and can call my users fine at their 4 digit extension.

But when they try to access my #.... destination pattern they get fast busy as soon as they press the #.

I have never led off a pattern with a # before in a router, so I wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES

Re: # in Destination Pattern

The # does not signify a matched digit in call manager. This signifies as follows: The octothorpe (#) character generally identifies the end of the dialing sequence. Ensure the # character is the last character in the pattern.

From this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/DP_Intro.html#wp1041516

You may need to use an actual digit to signify the beginning of your wild-card pattern. Just be sure you dont overlap your dial-plan.

**Just reread, and you are specifying your dial-peer. Can you post your dial-peer? Immediately after pressing # your users get a fast busy? Do you have your avaya system recognizing the # and sending the digits to the gateway?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Are you using h.323 or MGCP between router and CCM ?

h.323.

So in the router I have incoming called-number .

then I have VOIP dial peers with destination-patterns of .... that match my 4 digit extensions. That is working OK

So if I do a VOIP dial peer of #...., it gives up right after you hit #

In the CCM, the numbers are all configured as directory numbers, not phones. They have no partition so they can be called from anywhere and a CSS of International.

My gateway is configured with internal calling CSS only, but if the DN's are no partition I would assume I could forward to that. I actually tried matching the gateway CSS with the DN CSS, but the behavior was the same.

If you run a debug isdn q931 do you see your incoming calls when you press #xxxx? If you do, you may need to strip the # off before sending the call to the call manager.

Views
Helpful
Replies