cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound call issue: ITSP---SIP---CUBE---H323---CUCM----UNITY

Turbo727
Level 1
Level 1

My senarios is we have a CUBE (2921 router 15.1) which establishes two SIP trunks with two SIP providers. And it registers with CUCM 9.1 as H.323 gateway. Voice mail is Unity Connection 9. all incoming calls are translated to the hunt pilot number (native queue feature) on the CUBE. all internal calling to extensions, hunt pilot (queue), voice mail work fine.

ITSP1---SIP---CUBE---H323---CUCM----UNITY

|

SIP

|

ITSP2

After setting everthing up, both sip trunks are registered. outgoing calls are working fine.

The issue is with inbound call to the hunt pilot. It rings on the callers phone and then disconnects itself. never plays greeting message.

Then I tried to change translation to a phone number (phone is not registered, should go to voice mail). But I still hear ringtone on the called phone, not voice mail.

I have hardware transcoder configured and voice class includes g729r8, g711u, g711a, I can see incoming calls reaches CUBE using g729r8 and gets translated to the pilot number and mataches correct outgoing dialpeer.

debug shows cause code 47 - no resource. googled it, most says codec mismatch, but hardware transcoder is registered. I doubt it in this case.

Aug 30 12:15:16: //3482/A41B5AA185F1/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect: Cause Value=47, Tag=0x0, Call Entry(Previous Disconnect Cause=0, Disconnect Cause=47)

what resource does it require if it's not transcoder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the logs, We can see that the gateway is using fast start. This is expected because your sip leg is using early offer. The question is this..Have you enabled inbound fast start on the h323 gateway configuration on CUCM?

May I ask why you are using h323-sip, why not sip to sip..So configure a sip trunk on your cucm pointing to your gateway..It is a much better solution especially in this scenario

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It seems to be a transcoder issue itself.

Please share below outputs:-

1). H.323 gateway is in which device pool?

2). Voice mail pilot is in which device pool?

3). Hardware transcoder registered is in which device pool?

Also, please share detailed RTMT trace for this scenario.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cause code 47 is definitely a capabilities negotiation issue..

Without looking at detailed h225/h245 messages its diffcult to tell what is going on...Here are a few things you can check

1. The outbound dial-peer matched is dial-peer 4, the called number is 5001

2. What is the codec configuration on this dial-peer

3. what is the region between the h323 gateway and the pilot number/unity port 5001

4. what is the region setting between your xcoder and the device invoking the xcoder..

You can send us detailed traces as follows

1. debug h225 asn1

2. debug h245 asn1

3. debug ccsip messages

4.debug voip ccapi inout

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks guys for looking into this. I have attached debug output to the thread.

You mean to say that you can answer the call and after that you hear ringback tone for 10 seconds and then it gets disconnect.. is it the case?

Did you enable Inbound fast start in CUCM gateway configurtion?

Please try to disable "wait for farend H.245 TCS" parameter in gateway and then try to make a call...

Also, please share your router configuration and few information asked earlier by me and aokanlawon

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

It's not the case. phone is not registered, I expect the call going to voice mail directly.

1. outbound call is working

2. internal calls are working including 5000 and 5001

2. inbound call to hunt pilot 5000 (native queue) is not working

3. inbound call to an unregistered phone 5001 (forwarding to voicemail) is not working (debug attached in the last post)

config attached.

From the logs, We can see that the gateway is using fast start. This is expected because your sip leg is using early offer. The question is this..Have you enabled inbound fast start on the h323 gateway configuration on CUCM?

May I ask why you are using h323-sip, why not sip to sip..So configure a sip trunk on your cucm pointing to your gateway..It is a much better solution especially in this scenario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: