cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Call issues

DAVID BITONTI
Level 1
Level 1

I have sort of an needle in a haystack issue I am dealing with and hoping someone might be able to point me at something to try or look at.

I have a remote location at completely random times and from completely random numbers when the location is called the caller will hear nothing. No ringing, no operator message, just silence. The caller hangs up and calls back and might get the same thing or the call will connect. There does not seem to be any pattern that I can find that may point to something specific. It is completely random and I really have no idea when it might happen again.

Here is what I have done thus far:

Had the Carrier take down the PRI do invasive testing and bring the PRI back up. All tests were clean.

I have reset the gateway.

I made a codec change from g.729 to g.722, g.711 for the specific region.

Here is what I am running:

Call Manager 8.6.2.20000-2

Cisco 2811 that host the PRI and a DMVPN tunnel back to the Call Manager (full T1 bandwidth)

What can I look at next or what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to get GW debugs and CUCM traces of the error for further investigation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the quick response. Due to how random this issue is occuring are there specific debugs and traces I should turn on first. Trying to limit the amount of resources that I take up capturing this data.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mate, start getting times tamps from users reporting these issues, and start by looking at your CUCM traces.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.