A customer is having an issue with inbound call routing. They are using a publisher and subscriber version 6.1.2 of Callmanager with 2811 routers as the voice gateways. The Callmanagers sit at sites A and B and there is less than 20 ms round trip time between them. At site C there is a 2811 router (12.4.11T) that has a PRI connection to the PSTN and is setup as a MGCP gateway. The inbound calling search space on the PRI is set up to only look in one partition that only has translation patterns in it to translate the incoming DID numbers into the extensions. The telco is sending in 4 digits inbound.
The problem arises when the customer changes the called party translation to redirect a DID to a different number. When they change one of the translation patterns any inbound calls that would hit that translation pattern get a number out of service message from the Telco. A debug isdn q931 on the gateway at the time shows a disconnect cause code of unallocated/unassigned number. A reset of the gateway seems to fix the issue until another change is made. The problem only effects the changed translation pattern, any unchanged translation patterns work correctly.
I have checked the database replication both in RTMT and by issuing the utils dbreplication status command from the CLI of both the pub and the sub. In both it shows dbreplication is in a good state and there are no differences in the tables. I also ran the dialed number analyzer with the same CSS as the inbound CSS on the PRI against one of the changed translation patterns and it shows it being routed to the correct extension.
Anyone have any ideas on which direction I should head on this? Is it more likely to be a database related issue with the CMs or an MGCP issue?
The scenario and facts are not normal honestly dont have a logic explanation as one change may not be relate dto the other but fix the issue
"The inbound calling search space on the PRI is set up to only look in one partition that only has translation patterns in it to translate the incoming DID numbers into the extensions. The telco is sending in 4 digits inbound."
What extacly they change in the Translation pattern?
Can you give us an specific example for the CSS configured in GW
The change made of the TP
Which partition the TP is located
Which CSS the TP contains
Exact version of CUCM
To which CUCM the GW is registered
If you can give us CUCM SDI/SDL traces for all nodes including calling/called number and timestamps I can take a look and help you to decipher this one
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.