Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Inbound Call Translation

Hello,

I have a customer request that when one of their clients (for example 111-123-4567) call the main line it gets translated to a hunt group that rings everyone. Currently all inbound calls go to the main line which hits the receptionist station (200).

I know how to configure the hunt groups, but how would I get this one inbound number get translated to this hunt group?

Im using a Sip trunk with Cisco CME on 9.1

Heres my Translation:

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 2 /.*/ /XXXXXXXXXX/
!
voice translation-rule 5
 rule 1 /1........../ /9/
 rule 2 // /91/
!
voice translation-rule 333
 rule 1 /^911$/ /911/
 rule 2 /^9/ //
!
!
voice translation-profile ADD-9
 translate calling 5
!
voice translation-profile INBOUND
 translate called 1
!
voice translation-profile OUTBOUND-CALLERID
 translate calling 1
 translate called 333

Currently I just have the main line registered as a secondary for the receptionists station (new install).

ephone-dn  20  octo-line
 number 200 secondary XXX-XXX-XXX no-reg primary
 allow watch
 call-forward busy 260
 call-forward noan 260 timeout 15

Thoughts?

Jason Ryan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Please move this to the right

Please move this to the right area, this is Video Over IP

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

All calls hit the reception

All calls hit the reception because you're translating any number into XXXXXXXXXX per your config, and that's the secondary in 200 DN.

Just change that rule to match whatever DN you want to match, and change it to the pilot of your hunt group, that's all you need. 

Or add a new rule to your translation rule 1, specifically for that DID you want to route to the hunt group, and leave all others ring the secondary DN 

If you search translation rule on cisco.com you'll get explanation and examples of how they work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Jaime, Thanks for the info,

Jaime,

Thanks for the info, but its not quite what Im looking for.

The current translation for inbound calls is precisely how the customer wants it, except for one number. 

Basically, they want all inbound calls to the main line (ex. 111-1111) to go to reception. No problem there.

But when one of their clients (ex. 222-2222) calls into (111-1111) they want it to go to a hunt group. 

Im pretty comfortable with translation rules, but it doesnt seem like I would be able to change the destination for one external caller right? 

Personally, I think the customer could just give the client one of the DIDs, label it a "hotline", and have that blast the group.

Thoughts?

Jason Ryan

Views
Helpful
Replies