Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound SIP Call Failures

LR_BrianW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are experiencing a problem with inbound SIP calls.  Outbound calls work as expected without problem.

I am using a Cisco AS5400HPX with 12 PRI's connected to Dialogic D/480-2T1 cards in a dialing chassis.  I use a proprietary software to handle inbound/outbound calls from a call center.  This software allows me to setup an IVR to answer calls and DNIS route from the last 4 of the number dialed.

As stated - outbound calls work perfectly.  Inbound calls come in and look to be delivered to my equipment, but do not end up completing.  I also should note, I have an AS5300 with 4 PRI's working flawlessly (inbound and outbound).  Testing my internal equipment with the 5300 rules out problems with my dialogic equipment.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

LR_BrianW
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is the config, a debug ccsip message, and a debug voice ccapi inout.

I had a quick look and you need to speak to your provider. First of all there are too may INVITE for the same call-ID. I am not sure why the same INVITE is repeated. That doesnt look good. Second. your gateway sends a 200 OK to the INVITE and the far end device doesnt send an ACK. The issue is down at the other end, have a word with them and let us know what they say

Please rate all useful posts

My providers response:

"I think those are retries from Us on behalf of the original Call-ID.

The inbound VoIP call will not be answered if the corresponding T-1 call is not answered."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: