Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call is charged in Attendant Console Queue

nguyentienthanh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We setup Cisco Call Manager, Voice Gateway & Attendant Console Enterprise. But now we have a problem that when incoming call go to queue of Attendant Console and hearing music on hold, this call is charged fee by service provider. We just want incoming call will be charged when it meet agent so could you please show me the solution for that ?

Thank you.

Regards,

ThanhNT

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what I understand that you are using Toll Free number for which Service Provider is charging you for incoming calls as well?

As the incoming call hits the GW---CTI Route Point [Pilot/DID number/DDI in Console ] and gets transferred to CTI ports/Queue , u would be charged for the same.

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

No men. We are using charge number. But we want when the incoming call hits the GW---CTI Route Point [Pilot/DID number/DDI in Console ] and gets transferred to CTI ports/Queue , incoming call will not be charged until they talked with agent.

Regards,

ThànhNT

No, I'm on this one with Aman, usually you don't get charged for a call until you can see the timer for the call, but on this scenario, we already answered the call and it's in YOUR system already, but you put it on hold. IMHO nothing to do here, if you don't want them to be put on hold, change your system to provide a better level of service.

But once the call is on YOUR system, telco will consider you've already answered, they have no idea whether the caller is talking to an agent, or hearing MOH.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: