Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Incoming Calls No Voice | CUCM 4.2 | SIP with CUBE

Hi,

I've a client running CUCM 4.2 and a 2811 voice gateway with IOS 12.24

They used to use four FXO ports for outside calls till lately the service provider finally supplied a SIP connection (DID/DOD).

We've configured the gateway as per the provided details and the outgoing calls are working fine with the correct numbers.

However, when we dial back to the office the phone set rings and shows the correct caller ID, but when we pickup the set there is no voice, and the caller (in this case a mobile phone) still hear the rinnging tone.

Attached the debug from the voice gateway.

Edited to upload teh debug and other outputs (file name SIP VG.zip)

Everyone's tags (3)
6 REPLIES

I can only see the incoming INVITE, what protocol are you using from the Gateway to CUCM? I can guess H323, right?

Please capture the following debugs and replicate the problem again:

deb voice ccapi inout

deb ccsip messages

deb h225 asn1

deb h245 asn1

Go ahead and enable Fast Start on the CUCM side, I think the problem is related to that.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the gateway is H323. And we have enabled the Fast Start with no luck.

However, I'll back to the client site after few hours, and will try to get a snapshot from the CUCM, and will post the sh run along with the debugs you've asked for.

Appreciate it.

Re: Incoming Calls No Voice | CUCM 4.2 | SIP with CUBE

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the delay.

As I mentioned we've enabled the Fast Start on the CUCM without lick.

However, I have the debug and the show run outputs, and uploaded (file name SIP VG.zip)

VIP Super Bronze

Your gateway is not innitiating a fast start connection because you have not configured it to do so.

Please add this to your config and test again..Ensure inbound and outbound fast start is enabled on CUCM. NB you need an MTP for outbound fasttart on CUCM

voice service voip

h323

call start fast

Please when you are sending logs again..dont break up the h225 log...You should enable the logs in one go and attach then as one.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Thanks aokanlawon,

Now it's really strange. The configuration works just fine on a test router (2821) while it's not on the client's router (2811). We are still facing the same receiving issue.

I'll attacched debug files. I'm sorry for not keeping all the logs in continues file. My colleague did the job and I forgot to mention that to him.

I wonder if there is any kind of deference between 2811 and 2821 that makes such scenario possible!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content