Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls via sip trunk failing outgoing fine

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I’m having an issue with incoming calls via sip, outgoing is fine. I suspect it’s something to do with NAT. There is an ASA firewall in front of the CME router that should be taking care of NAT via 1:1 translation and inspect sip. I have attached a CCSIP debug – any comments greatly appreciated. The firewall and the CME router is on the 192.168.74.0 network.

Thanks,

Craig.

4 Replies 4

Sounds like a NAT problem.

Try to remove inspect of sip from ASA config.

Regards.

Is 192.168.120.124 your CME router?

SIP inspection on ASA normally should be in there,

You can see "invalid host' error on the debug, need to make sure 442920xxxxxx@192.168.120.124 is a valid SIP address,

Need to post the config.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Craig,

Who is the SIP provider?

Some SIP providers send inbound calls from a different IP then you send your outbound calls to. They also like to initiate the connection on one IP and switch to another once the invite has been acknowledged. When debugging inbound calls do you see the calls hitting the CME?

Can you also post your CME config and ASA config?

-Mario

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post from the asa the show run and also:

debug sip

debug sip ha

Regards,

Luis Sandi

.:|:.:|:.

P.S Please mark this question as answered if it has been resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: