Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming COR list

raja Saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a doubt in using incoming COR list, for a call to be successful, the COR on the outbound dial peer should be a subsetof inbound dial peer, let us assume this scenario, if there is an incoming call and it matches a dial-peer with incoming COR list configured on it, what effect does the " Incoming COR list" command have on this call, I am a bit confused about this, because I am came across a few VOIP dial peers with " incoming COR list " configured,

In POTS dial peer, i am quite sure why we require the incoming COR list ( FxO & FxS ),

Please explain why do we use incoming COR list on a VOIP dial peer....

Thanks & Regards

Shaggy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaggy,

As you most probably know COR lists are used to restrict certain calls. The easiest way to look at this is with a key/lock mechanism: the cor list on your incoming dial-peer gives you your keys, the cor list on the outgoing dial-peer determines the locks.

In order for a call to be allowed, you need at least (more is no problem) all the keys for the all the locks. One exception to keep in mind: if either the incoming dial peer or the outgoing  dial peer does                 not have a COR list applied, the call succeeds.

Cheers,

Kristof

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaggy,

As you most probably know COR lists are used to restrict certain calls. The easiest way to look at this is with a key/lock mechanism: the cor list on your incoming dial-peer gives you your keys, the cor list on the outgoing dial-peer determines the locks.

In order for a call to be allowed, you need at least (more is no problem) all the keys for the all the locks. One exception to keep in mind: if either the incoming dial peer or the outgoing  dial peer does                 not have a COR list applied, the call succeeds.

Cheers,

Kristof

Friend, thank you very much for your support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: